Appointments+ and Marketplace, I've checked integration but they still seem to be exclusive.

Appointments+ and Marketplace, I've checked integration but they still seem to be exclusive.

I can create a page from the Appointments+ or Marketplace plugin, but neither shows any options from the other.

What I want to do is have customers book a time to have several services performed at their homes (cleaning). I think I would create a product for each type of room (kitchen, bathroom, etc) and they could choose how many of each room they have and then choose a date and time for the cleaner to show up. I'm not sure how to accomplish this.

• Alexander

Hi @Garth MacLeod,

I'm sorry, the integration doesn't work in that manner. When the MarketPress integration is enabled, you can use the option in Appointments+ settings to create a product page.

This product page will contain the booking form. When a user confirms the booking, they'll be given an option to add it to their cart - then they can checkout with MarketPress allowing you to accept payments with any of those gateways.

Best regards,

• Garth MacLeod

Oh. Maybe I'm confused by the answer I got earlier:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/multiple-services-per-appointment#post-524084

I was advised I could use the marketplace addon to work around this problem. I've purchased it on this advice. Maybe you can help me to understand what he meant?

Basically the page is for a cleaning service. The customer would pick how many rooms and of what type they have in their home (each room type has a different price) and book a time that someone is available and then we send a cleaner out at the desired time to do the work.

Is this possible with these plugins at all? It doesn't seem too complicated.

• Alexander

Hi @Garth MacLeod,

I'm sorry about the delay here, and for any confusion. It can work similar to how PC has explained, but not quite how you're describing here.

However, your users will need to book each appointment one at a time and add them to the cart. When they are finished, they can proceed to checkout.

So you can't simply create one appointment and add multiple services. Instead of simply adding rooms to a cart by quantity, you users would need to create a new booking for each individual room. Unfortunately, this is not a good approach.

Ideally, you'd have MarketPress products to represent rooms each with a price - then you would have your users book one appointment. Unfortunately there isn't a built in way to integrate how long the appointment should be based on rooms, or even how to require users to actually book.

What you're looking for would require custom development to achieve. We don't undertake custom work at WPMU DEV, but if you need to hire a developer, I'd strongly recommend checking our our job boards: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.