appointments and marketpress

I just installed marketpress cause we want to make use of the coupon, after the client click "add to cart" from the appointment page, then what? How would they know where to go to pay?
How would they know to do to store/shopping-cart to pay?

as for the email when they pay , notice the coupon code - it translate the $ to -$

Also, why would making an appointment have the words below?

Thank you for your order Administrator !

Your order has been received, and any items to be shipped will be processed as soon as possible. Please refer to your Order ID (b4ee518e6519) whenever contacting us.
Here is a confirmation of your order details:

Order Information:
Items:
Appointment: 216: 1 * 1.00 = 1.00 USD
Download: -

Coupon Discount: -$25.00
Order Total: 0.00 USD

• aecnu

Greetings JamesS,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Appointments + plugin with Market Press.

I just installed marketpress cause we want to make use of the coupon, after the client click "add to cart" from the appointment page, then what?

Go to the cart and check out? Is that the flow you are experiencing or?

How would they know where to go to pay?

Depending on your theme it is sometimes necessary to manually code a link to the shopping cart ~or~ better yet to use the shopping cart widget. What theme are you using?

as for the email when they pay , notice the coupon code - it translate the $ to -$

Showing that you get that amount off or discounted - minus so many dollars.

Thank you for your order Administrator !

Your order has been received, and any items to be shipped will be processed as soon as possible. Please refer to your Order ID (b4ee518e6519) whenever contacting us.
    Here is a confirmation of your order details:

Order Information:
    Items:
    Appointment: 216: 1 * 1.00 = 1.00 USD
    Download: -

Coupon Discount: -$25.00
    Order Total: 0.00 USD

Does this indicate that you are testing using your administrator account rather then a front end test user account to test the flow of things?

Do you intend to upgrade to WP 3.5.1?

What we are working with there on this particular installation:

WordPress 3.5.1?
    MultiSite or Solo?
    Buddy Press 1.6.4?
    Which is the theme name?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• JamesS

We are using wordpress 3.4.1
    our own theme
    solo

see attachment for coupon discount picture

So you are saying that after making an appointment and clicking add to cart, the client has to know that they have to look for the check out button/link/widget to complete their transaction?

And why does in the email that the user gets Appointment: 216 (why can't it say the service name, the 216 means nothing to the client?) I'm referring to items being shipped words if a client is making an appointment?

• aecnu

Greetings JamesS,

Lets ask the lead developer what he thinks considering the many major differences between 3.4 and 3.5.

I think that is what is going to cause problems forever and a day as we progress deeper into 3.5+

However, I am not the expert in this case, therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan

Hi,

I think you should read MarketPress documentation first.

the client has to know that they have to look for the check out button/link/widget to complete their transaction?

If you use "Buy Now" instead of "Add to Cart" button, client will be sent to checkout.

And why does in the email that the user gets Appointment: 216 (why can't it say the service name, the 216 means nothing to the client?)

If you change title of the the product from "Appointment" to e.g. "Breakfast at Tiffany's" then you will get that name in the cart and in the emails. 216 is the Appointment ID and must stay there and no, you cannot remove it.

I'm referring to items being shipped words if a client is making an appointment?

Simply modify your email templates in Store Settings>Messages as you wish.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• aecnu

Greetings JamesS,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe