Appointments+ and Marketpress Integration

Hello guys,
I'm trying to integrate Appointments+ with Marketpress, but it has been a nightmare...

I followed the FAQ and ventured around a few posts, but seems to me that the are pointing to a different version and maybe things are different now. So let's start:

1 - No AVS check on stripe. I have read a few threads about this issue. That's something that you guys really should add to Marketpress. That's the ONLY way we can kind of be protected of frauds. It's really unbelievable that you guys don't have this function implemented. Also within the same issue. I can configure MP to collect the billing address, but it is not passed on the token to Stripe, so not very useful...

2 - Ability to create customer on stripe - That's other topic that I see people requesting. We should be able to create a customer on stripe, since it's the only way to collect credit card information from the customer to have on file, so we can charge them in case of a no-show.

3 - I understand that a product that has APP shortcodes should be treated as digital download and etc (info from the FAQ), we have a few problems with that. On our product page, the products appointment show a price of $0. If we click the "buy now" button, it add the product to the cart, with a price of $0 and they can't make the appointment. We need to fix this somehow. Specially because when they head to the cart, if they click to "continue shopping", it brings them back to this page...

4 - The little link saying "Proceed to checkout" on the end of the booking doesn't look like a link at all, it's very confusing. Should be a button like everything else, or should just proceed to checkout automatically, since it's the most logical... It also doesn't go to checkout, goes back to the cart... but that makes sense as long as we can fix our product page...

5 - When the booking is finalized, the customer receives the confirmation of their booking plus the confirmation from their order and an email saying their product is ready to be downloaded, with a download link that, of course, doesn't work. On the FAQ I read that it wouldn't happen, so might be a bug there...

6 - For some reason, when I activate the Tetris add on, it messes up the booking process with an error.

7 - There should be a way to make product pages as a page, not as a post - without the date it was posted and the name of the author (I'm sure there is...).

8 - Custom fields is very bad implemented. It should have all the options we have when building a form, or integrate with a form plugin. At least should accept html and CSS... The custom fields look extremely different from the regular fields... looks weird....

That's all for now, please let me know if you can help me.
Thank you!

• Nithin

Hi Raphael,

1 - No AVS check on stripe. I have read a few threads about this issue. That's something that you guys really should add to Marketpress. That's the ONLY way we can kind of be protected of frauds. It's really unbelievable that you guys don't have this function implemented. Also within the same issue. I can configure MP to collect the billing address, but it is not passed on the token to Stripe, so not very useful...

I'm pinging the developer regrading this, and bringing this to the developers attention with regards to the MarketPress plugin, will keep you posted once I get a feedback form the developer regarding this.

2 - Ability to create customer on stripe - That's other topic that I see people requesting. We should be able to create a customer on stripe, since it's the only way to collect credit card information from the customer to have on file, so we can charge them in case of a no-show.

Would recommend that you +1 the feature request thread that you saw our members requesting it, the more members who +1s the feature request threads, the more it'll be considered for implementation.

3 - I understand that a product that has APP shortcodes should be treated as digital download and etc (info from the FAQ), we have a few problems with that. On our product page, the products appointment show a price of $0. If we click the "buy now" button, it add the product to the cart, with a price of $0 and they can't make the appointment. We need to fix this somehow. Specially because when they head to the cart, if they click to "continue shopping", it brings them back to this page...

I'm reporting this bug to the developer, and pinging one of them to give a closer look at this issue. Will get back to you once I get an update regarding this from the developer.

4 - The little link saying "Proceed to checkout" on the end of the booking doesn't look like a link at all, it's very confusing. Should be a button like everything else, or should just proceed to checkout automatically, since it's the most logical... It also doesn't go to checkout, goes back to the cart... but that makes sense as long as we can fix our product page...

You can edit that under, /wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/pro/integrations/marketpress/class_app_mp_bridge.php, on line 182, change the line:
    $(".appointments-confirmation-wrapper").replaceWith('<p class="app-confirmation-marketpress"><a href="{$href}">{$message}</a></p>');

To:
    $(".appointments-confirmation-wrapper").replaceWith('<p class="app-confirmation-marketpress"><a href="htttp://yourWebsiteLink"><button label="CheckOut" name="app-mp-checkout-button">Check Out</button></a></p>');

5 - When the booking is finalized, the customer receives the confirmation of their booking plus the confirmation from their order and an email saying their product is ready to be downloaded, with a download link that, of course, doesn't work. On the FAQ I read that it wouldn't happen, so might be a bug there...

This is an already reported bug, the download link doesn't work at the moment, the developer is aware of this issue, and are working hard on getting this fixed.

6 - For some reason, when I activate the Tetris add on, it messes up the booking process with an error.

I'm not able to replicate this issue, could you please explain further about this issue, and enable support access, so that I could see what I'm missing here. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

7 - There should be a way to make product pages as a page, not as a post - without the date it was posted and the name of the author (I'm sure there is...).

Not sure whether I understand what you meant here, you can always configure the pages, under Store Settings > Presentation > Store Pages, is this what you were looking?

8 - Custom fields is very bad implemented. It should have all the options we have when building a form, or integrate with a form plugin. At least should accept html and CSS... The custom fields look extremely different from the regular fields... looks weird....

I could see what you meant, but I'm afraid there isn't any out of the box settings available to add such feature. Would recommend you to create a new feature request, so that the more +1 it gets, the more it'll be considered for development.

I wasn't able to notice any change in look of the fields, in terms of style all the fields look the same in your website. I also, tested in a default WP theme, and I wasn't able to notice this. Please advise what I'm missing here.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Raphael

Nithin,
    First of all thank you for replying so fast and for giving me a bunch of solutions for my problems.
    Second, I can't barely understand what I wrote, because it took me 4h in between 100s of interruptions so the initial idea as already gone from my mind and everything became a mess... so I'll try to make sense this time lol...

All be anxious waiting for news on the issue #1 as this is a big problem for fraud...

I'll follow your suggestion to +1 the thread, in the meantime, it would be great if you can point me to the file used to create the stripe token, so I can implement the feature for me in the meantime. Should I maybe open a separate thread on the MP forum?

3 - also waiting anxious for this one as it makes the whole thing very confusing for the customers.

4 - I actually ended up finding the answer on another topic, but I appreciate your help. I still haven't implemented it...

5 - It shouldn't have a download link at all. If they are receiving the confirmation email from app+, they shouldn't receive any emails from MP. If they don't, at least shouldn't have anything to download since it's an appointment and not something to be downloaded.

6 - I'll give you access. Honestly I changed so many things around, I don't know if this bug is still happening as I disabled the add on. I'll double check on that, but please feel free to make any tests.

7 - From my understanding, for App+ to integrate with MP, we need to use the short codes on a "products" page. It doesn't seem to work if I just create a regular page and use the shotcodes. When you create a new product page from the store menu, it creates a page that has the layout of a blog post (it show an icon with the date the post was created and the name of the author of the post). I know it's still confusing so I'm attaching some screenshots to show the difference.

8 - the regular fields, when you write a text on them, the text is bold, on the custom fields, the text is not bold. Is there a way I can change the file that create the form with name, phone, email, etc? I could add my own fields directly there. I need to make them accept the terms and agreements and it's impossible to do that with the way the custom fields were implemented. Maybe it's something to do if the theme... who knows...

9 - I hate to be the bearer of extra problems, but I need to make this work... for some reason when I have add ons activated on APP+, I'm not able to add new service providers. I need to deactivate the add-ons every time I need a new one... very annoying. Why is that?

Well, I activated the access and copied the link to this post, you can do your magic....

Thank you again

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Raphael,

I'll follow your suggestion to +1 the thread, in the meantime, it would be great if you can point me to the file used to create the stripe token, so I can implement the feature for me in the meantime. Should I maybe open a separate thread on the MP forum?

Stripe file can be found in marketpress/common/payment-gateways/stripe.php and its files in marketpress/common/payment-gateways/stripe-files

5 - It shouldn't have a download link at all. If they are receiving the confirmation email from app+, they shouldn't receive any emails from MP. If they don't, at least shouldn't have anything to download since it's an appointment and not something to be downloaded.

Yes there should not be link there, and that is already reported a bug for MarketPress. At the moment you can try change notification in MarketPress settings so the email there wont have those information.

6 - I'll give you access. Honestly I changed so many things around, I don't know if this bug is still happening as I disabled the add on. I'll double check on that, but please feel free to make any tests.

Could you provide more information on what was wrong with this add-on? To report a bug I have to replicate issue on my testing site, but I have to know what is exact issue.

7 - From my understanding, for App+ to integrate with MP, we need to use the short codes on a "products" page. It doesn't seem to work if I just create a regular page and use the shotcodes. When you create a new product page from the store menu, it creates a page that has the layout of a blog post (it show an icon with the date the post was created and the name of the author of the post). I know it's still confusing so I'm attaching some screenshots to show the difference.

Products are not pages - those are non hierarchical custom post types that are using single.php template - and single.php template is single post template. That is why dates shows there.
    But I checked your products and look like you already fixed that on your site.

8 - the regular fields, when you write a text on them, the text is bold, on the custom fields, the text is not bold. Is there a way I can change the file that create the form with name, phone, email, etc? I could add my own fields directly there. I need to make them accept the terms and agreements and it's impossible to do that with the way the custom fields were implemented. Maybe it's something to do if the theme... who knows...

Please take a look on this proposed solution https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-can-i-add-my-own-terms-and-conditions-to-login-in-appointments#post-559035

I tested custom fields on form on my site and Im not able to replicate issue with bold/not bold text there. Also I wasn't able to see that on your site. Text on all fields is not bold

9 - I hate to be the bearer of extra problems, but I need to make this work... for some reason when I have add ons activated on APP+, I'm not able to add new service providers. I need to deactivate the add-ons every time I need a new one... very annoying. Why is that?

That will be fixed in next Appointment+ version. There was problem with Paddings add-on because it was creating JS error. Developer fixed that and we are now waiting for new version to be released.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Raphael

Kassia,
      The bold/non-bold issue was a problem with my theme. I changed the theme and it fixes the problem.
      I already took care for the "terms and conditions", following the instructions of one of your guy's posts.
      I was also able to fix the "post" problem removing the tags
      I hope the developers fix the other bugs soon, so I can actually use this solution... It looks very promising.
      I'll try to customize the Stripe files so we can achieve the AVS and the "create customer" changes... If I have any problems with that, I'll let you know.

About the Tetris ADD ON is something that I can leave without, so I'm not lose your guy's time with this one. Forcing the customers to go straight to checkout instead of the Cart, also takes temporary care for the other problems we are having, so pretty much I believe we can call this thread as "resolved" for now.

I really appreciate your guys' help and honestly, I'm hoping to continue to use WPMU DEV for a long time, because I never had such a good support from any developer in the WP community. Hope you continue with the good work!

• Raphael

I'm reopening this topic to bring the issue about the Tetris add on again.
    It would be great if we could fix it, as the times are populated based on the duration of the services.
    Screenshot is attached.

Google Calendar is also not working properly. I can see the events on "Reserved by GCAL", but it's not blocking the times on the schedule...
    Also, when I create an event on GCAL, it doesn't auto syncs with APP+, i need to click "import" and update...

Very frustrating, please help me as soon as possible, because I'm very late on my schedule to go live with this solution, because I have to try to solve the 10843873 little problems...

• Nithin

Hi Raphael,

Terribly sorry for the delay, I could see Luis has already replied to your above queries in your latest thread, would recommend you to follow your new thread if you have any issues related to that, so that's it's easier for us to follow you:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-problems/

On our product page, the products appointment show a price of $0. If we click the "buy now" button, it add the product to the cart, with a price of $0 and they can't make the appointment.

Regarding this which you have already reported, please try the following workaround until a bug fix is issued.

function wpmudev_exclude_apps_from_mp_page( $query ) {

if( ! is_admin() && mp_is_shop_page() ){
            $query->set('post__not_in', array( 18 ) );
        }

}

add_action('pre_get_posts', 'wpmudev_exclude_apps_from_mp_page');

Where 18 is the product Id, and you'll have to replace 18 with your $0 appointment product id, and the above code will omit the product from your /products list. Please add the above code in your themes functions.php file.

I hope this help. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.