Appointments+ and searching for different service locations in the Make an Appointment page.

Hello,
My site will have different service locations. I wonder if there´s a way to select locations before selecting services and then service providers, all in the Make an Appointment page. I tried to place the shortcode but unsuccesfully.

Just in case it is possible, can you show me how the code of the Make an Appointment page should look?

Thank you!

• Luís

Hi Carlos ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Appointments + have an "AJAX shortcode" add-on that combines service, provider and calendar selection into one selection menu only, however, it doesn't include the service location.

I think the best option to achieve your needs, should be the combination of these shortcodes:

[app_required_service_locations]
    [app_service_providers]

The first one creates a dropdown to select first the location and then the service. The second shortcode allows to select the service provider. However this is done in two separate dropdowns.

So, the page should include these shortcode:

[app_required_service_locations]
    [app_service_providers]
    [app_monthly_schedule]
    [app_confirmation]

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Carlos

Hi Luís,

The dropdowns you mention would relate between themselves? I would want to have a first step where to filter and select the location, and then the rest of the page to work as it is working right now.

Can this be done?

I tried different ways to put the shortcodes, but unsuccesfully. I have no experience coding, btw.

The current code of the page is:

<table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_my appointments]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr class="test">
    <td>[app_services]</td>
    <td>[app_service_providers]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_monthly_schedule]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_pagination month="1"]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_login]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_confirmation]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_paypal]</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

So, how would you advise me to insert the [app_required_service_locations] shortcode?

Thank you!

• Luís

Hi Carlos ,

The dropdowns you mention would relate between themselves?

Both dropdowns are related, but the user needs make the selections on both. In one dropdown he/she chooses the location and the service. After refresh the page, the second dropdown will only show the service providers from the selected service .

Try this:

<table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_my appointments]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr class="test">
    <td>[app_required_service_locations]</td>
    <td>[app_service_providers]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_monthly_schedule]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_pagination month="1"]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_login]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_confirmation]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_paypal]</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Carlos

Hi Luís,

In terms of what the Ajax shortcode does relating dropdowns, I don´t know enough to answer your question correctly.

What I need is to filter locations first. If I have for instance, three locations with the same kind of service, and obviously different service providers, it could be a bit messy for a visitor to choose the correct service provider, if they are altogether in the same dropdown list.

So, if we can get a way that by filtering locations first, the page is refreshed and then it shows only the services and service providers of that location to select from, we would be solving it and I would get what I need.

I feel the code you just sent me is almost there... It works, but instead of showing locations, it shows twice the dropdown "Please choose a service provider". I pasted it exactly as you sent me it. But it reflects the same kind of problem I´ve been having playing around with the shortcodes.

May be what I ask for is not achievable? It all comes down to the correct answer to the question you made me in your last reply.

Thank you for you attention. Let´s keep on seeking for this solution.

• Luís

Hi Carlos ,

Unfortunately, we don't have any option out of the box to display in that way. In my previous replies I tried to give you some workarounds, but it will not work the way you want (choose the service location -> service -> service provider).

However, I think it would be a great feature to the Appointments+ project, so, I've just moved this over to our Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.