Appointments and Upfront

how do i use appointments with out shortcodes now? The upfront does not have the code selector.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mattbkelly,

I'm afraid that only way now is to place shortcodes on page using standard backend WordPress editor. And if you plan to use those shortcodes on different element than post data element in Upfront then you would need to copy those from WP editor into Upfront Editor.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

I may be missing something with Upfront. I seems slow and buggy. What are the benefits of it? I like using the backend theme editors.

Is Upfront themes only used with the fronted editor? Or can the back end editor of Upfront be used like a regular WP theme?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Mattbkelly,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Upfront is a theme framework which makes customizing, or editing of theme an ease with it's unique Drag & Drop API. You can quickly setup a website from scratch without any prior knowledge of coding.

I checked your website, and I have enabled optimization under Upfront > Experimental, this should help with loading a bit faster in the backend, you can adjust the different levels of optimization to improve it's performance.

Upfront Editors works in the frontend, that's how it's designed to be, which is aligned more towards visuals. By backend editor did you meant the post/pages visual editor? Upfront will work fine, all the changes made in the backend will be visible in Upfront.

However, if you meant the theme editor, located under Themes > Editor, then I'm afraid, it won't work by editing the theme editor, as it's completely different when compared to a default WordPress theme.

You can find more info about Upfront in the docs:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/upfront-and-themes/

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.