Appointments+ and UPME interaction

Hi,
I installed and activated the Appointments+ plugin and User Profiles Made Easy (UPME) plugin. I am trying to create tutor profiles (UPME) that allows students to book tutoring appointments at specific availability times determined by the tutor's schedule/calendar (Appointments+). I am having trouble getting started on this (it may need some custom work). Please help!

• Vaughan

Hi @francis,

Not sure of how you are wanting to use it.

Your tutors will need to be added as a service provider.

Each service provider can have their own profile page, which you can select on the service provider page. (screenshot 1)

so once you have your providers bio page created & selected.

You can then add the following shortcodes to the providers bio page.

[app_my_appointments]
    [app_services worker="1"]
    [app_schedule worker="1"]
    [app_pagination]
    [app_login]
    [app_confirmation]
    [app_paypal]

`
    [app_services_worker="1"] will only list services available to worker id 1.

[app_schedule worker="1"] will only display a calendar schedule for that provider with id of 1.

Hope this helps

• Francis

Thank you for this information. Is it possible to alter the UPME front-end user registration so that admin doesn't have to enter these shortcodes for each provider page, but rather the tutor can enter and edit this information in their profile page for the students to select?

That is, Admin enters these shortcodes once in the user registration page, then the tutors and students can modify this information in front-end (edit profile) as needed?

• Francis

Also I am getting this error message:

Notice: Undefined property: Appointments::$bp in /hermes/bosnaweb04b/b1944/ipg.tutorsforcharity/dev/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/class_app_shortcodes.php on line 938 Notice: Undefined index: gcal in /hermes/bosnaweb04b/b1944/ipg.tutorsforcharity/dev/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/class_app_shortcodes.php on line 959 Notice: Undefined property: Appointments::$bp in /hermes/bosnaweb04b/b1944/ipg.tutorsforcharity/dev/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/class_app_shortcodes.php on line 1034

Any way to resolve this error? Thank you for your assistance!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Francis,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your questions! :slight_smile:

On the notices, as those are notices and not errors, the plugin should still work correctly, I'll notify the developer about the notices, but in the mean time, if you navigate to your wp-config.php via FTP or your cPanel > file manager, make sure WP_DEBUG is

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

If it's true change that to false to remove the notices.

Thank you for this information. Is it possible to alter the UPME front-end user registration so that admin doesn't have to enter these shortcodes for each provider page, but rather the tutor can enter and edit this information in their profile page for the students to select?

That is, Admin enters these shortcodes once in the user registration page, then the tutors and students can modify this information in front-end (edit profile) as needed?

This wouldn't be something that is currently possible out of the box and would require custom development work I'm afraid, you could try posting on the WPMU DEV job board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.