[Appointments+] Appointment emails going to Admin

When an appointment is confirmed, it sends an email to the client and service provider, which is fine, but it also sends one to Admin. This is annoying because as Admin, I don't need to get a copy of the email. Also, if they hit reply to their email, it goes to Admin, not to the service provider.
Please advise how to stop admin from getting all the confirmation email and how to change the From address in the emails that get sent.
Thank you

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello James

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Currently, if the "Send Confirmation email" option is enabled (on "Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Notifications" page), confirmation notification is being send to the client but also a service provider and an admin automatically. This option can be disabled but it will also disable notification for the client, I'm afraid.

The response to such confirmaton e-mail is not expected, actually. It's the kind of "no reply" e-mail but I understand that's something that might be happening sometimes and with a large volume of bookings it can be annoying a bit.

That being said, I've asked our developers for a little help on this to see if there's any way to address these cases so please keep an eye on this thread for further information.

Please note: their response time might be slightly longer than ours here on support forum as they're dealing with a lot of complex things on daily basis. We'll update you here as soon as we got to know more on the issue.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Konstantinos Xenos

Hi James !

Could you please try with adding the following code into your functions.php ( preferably your child themes ) and change the admin@email.here with your proper admin e-mail ?

add_filter( 'app_confirmation_disable_admin', 'disable_admin_confirm_mail', 10, 4 );
    function disable_admin_confirm_mail( $dont_send, $r, $app_id, $admin_email ) {
    	if ( 'admin@email.here' === $admin_email ) {
    		return true;
    	}
    	return false;
    }

This works fine on my tests but send me a reply if everything is good on your end as well!

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• James

Hi Konstantinos,

Thanks yes that seems to have stopped the admin receiving emails.

Can you please confirm that it will only stop Appointment notification emails but all other WordPress related admin emails will still come through?

Also, is there a way to change the email address that the Appointment Notification emails get sent from? Several clients already have just hit Reply and sent a message back.

Thank you for your help.
    James

• Konstantinos Xenos

Hey James ,

Could you try with:

add_filter( 'app_message_headers', 'change_admin_email_app' );
    function change_admin_email_app( $message_headers ) {
    	$message_headers = 'MIME-Version: 1.0
    	Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"';

return $message_headers;
    }

Same as before, add this code to your functions.php and change the John Doe <john@doe.test> to any name / e-mail you like of course, be careful to keep the <> around the e-mail and leave the other lines as is.

Yes both of these are affecting only e-mails sent via Appointments+ plugin so all other WordPress related e-mails should remain intact.

I hope this helps as well!

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.