[Appointments+] appointments+ changes lost after update

Hi, I changed some wordings in de NL translation of the appointments + plage. I've lost these changes after updating the pluging. I've replaced the new mo en po file by the old one, but nothing happens.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kim,

Can you tell me which words are no longer translated after the update?
    Also, can you tell me where did you place your translation files?
    They should not be placed directly inside plugin in wp-content/plugins/appointments/languages/ folder because those will be replaced by plugin update.

Instead, you should place your translation files inside wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder and this way they will not be removed when there's a plugin update.

Can you try adding your translations there and tell me if it works properly after that?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Kim
    • New Recruit

Hi Predrag,

Thanks a lot for your clear en quick answer. I added the files to wp-content/languages/plugins/ and this solved the issue but created a new one in my translations. Now, some text is in English which should not be the case. There is also an extra line. I added some pictures and the po file.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kim,

I'm afraid that .po files are not allowed file type attachment so your attachment didn't get added.
    Can you please update both .po and .mo files to any file sharing service like Dropbox or Google Drive and share the download link here?

I also did a test on my end by downloading Dutch translation files from our site and added them to my test installation but I'm afraid that I don't see the issue that you're having.
    So could you grant us support access to your site so we can replicate your setup and do some further tests on our end based on that?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kim,

Thanks for that, I have checked your installation and let me start with the calendar first.
    So the first thing that you mention is "Currently you have no appointments.", this because you have a shortcode for listing your active appointments [app_my_appointments] but since there are no appointments it will show that text.
    The translation files you have sent don't have this string in there so it looks like you are using some older translation files on your site.
    If you download the latest translation files from here https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/appointments/nl/default/ you will be able to translate this string as well.

Now about the OUR SCHEDULE FOR DECEMBER 2018, this is the default calendar title and you can remove that by using title="" in your calendar shortcode, like this:
    [app_monthly_schedule title="" service = "1" worker = "5"]
    Or you can change the title value and add your own.

And about the confirmation text, you can also change this with the shortcode now, so using this as confirmation shortcode will do the trick:
    [app_confirmation title="CONTROLEER DE AFSPRAAKDETAILS EN BEVESTIG:"]

All of these changes were in Appoitments+ for some time now as far as I know, so could you tell me which version did you update from, 2.4 or some older one?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Kim
    • New Recruit

Hi Predrag,

Thanks a lot for your quick and clear response! Did you do some changes yourself because it actually looks perfect now? I don't know which version I had but it wast last updated in January or February 2018.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kim,

I didn't make any changes on your site, I just used access to look at your setting and replicate similar thing on my end to check this out without affecting your live site.
    It's possible that there was some caching that prevented the changes from showing up right away.

There was a lot of changes in plugin since January so if you do continue to have issues with translations and what I explained above doesn't help do let us know here and we'll look into it further

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.