[Appointments] Appointments not working in a lightbox

After updating Appointments I notice it no longer works in a lightbox. It is showing in the footer of the page and breaking javascript on the page.
I use Thrive Architect for my visual editor and it has built in Thrive Lightbox for "shadow boxes". Before Appointments update this works fine.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Daniel,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I can see the issue on your site but I wasn't able to replicate it on my (using plugin provided) - it's working there as expected.Therefore, I think there's something more into it. Unfortunately, the login and password that you shared during chat is only an admin of the site but not a super-admin, so it doesn't give me an access to the Network Admin part of your Multisite.

Because of that I can't fully investigate the case. I would need to review Multisite's settings to try to replicate it again and - in case I had a solution that wouldn't require any coding - to be able to apply it to your site.

That being said, would you please set a role of the user that you shared during the chat to a super-admin? That would let me continue checking the issue.

Please confirm here once it's done.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Daniel

Of course!
    I have elevated the account to super_admin.

There is definitely something deeper going on, and I definitely would like to understand before I continue with WPMUDev. Bear with me for the long backstory here, but here it is. I am not practicing as a web developer for profit. While I am a developer, my fulltime work is in business intelligence. My function in Wordpress is soley on a volunteer basis for my local church (which has several subsites for each "initiative" they do). I bought WPMUDev years ago when it was incredibly affordable as part of a Cyber-Monday special. It had a few plugins that served our church's needs. The following year, when it was time to renew, the cost went up dramatically. After that WPMUDev scaled incredibly to become a full management service for Wordpress hosts and resellers. The price reflected as much. You can understand why I never renewed my contract. While the service is quite useful, and your technical support is unmatched from any Wordpress plugin/theme service, it is quite a bit for me to personally take on $50 a month of my families limited income as a donation to our church and not something I can convince the ministry the value of. Since then the plugins have become vary dated, but they worked. I was able to talk the ministry into reimbursing one month of service long enough to update the plugins and get support to ensure everything is working.

I've considered keeping the service, but I'm still hesitant about the cost considering my limited need, and since upgrading I have had several issues with compatibility and function. Cloner is also no longer working for me.

In any case, I've updated the privileges to super_admin. Please let me know if you find anything useful. Please account that the maineprays.org site is a live site, where dev.maineprays.org is our staged update.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your response!

I understand the point your're in and I apologize for the trouble. However, I'm afraid that there's always a chance that something might go wrong sometimes - regardless whether we're referring to our plugins or any other 3rd-party plugins - as there's too many "variables" involved. That's why we're here, ready to assist you and work on any issues to solve them.

As for the issue itself. I have checked the site again and tried to replicate the issue on my end again - to no luck, though. I checked the plugins that you got installed and their configurations and I tried to disable some of them temporarily (only on a dev site) but since there's a live site involved too I didn't decide to go for a full plugin conflict test - which would actually be adviced. That would mean disabling absolutely all plugins except Thrive Architect and Appointments+, switching site to Twenty Seventeen and checking if the issue still happens. If not, then enable one plugin back and check again until the issue comes back.

Would you be able to run such test (preferably at the time of the day when the site is receiving least amount of traffic - as it involves disabling plugins on a network admin level)?

That might give us some additional insight on what's happening here. Depending on that test results, we'll then decide what to do next, though I predict that I'll most likely will have to include our developers in the case. But it would be best to first know how the test went.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Daniel,

That error suggests that there's not enough memory but when I create a new subsite and activate A+ there it doesn't show the same issue and appointment page is working fine.

I then tried cloning your main site and the issue seems to be specific to DEV installation.
    Is there any code specific for DEV subsite because A+ seems to working fine everywhere else except for the DEV.
    Is the DEV clone of your main installation or newly created subsite?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Daniel

dev was created using cloner. I actually had a separate issue with cloner that was able to be resolved yesterday where it was erroring out due to lack of a wildcard subdomain redirect.

dev was created as a manual entry subdirectory in cpanel before I cloned it and worked for a while (about 6 months) until I recently updated all my WPMU Dev plugins. I'm begining to thinks something got corrupted in my database.

What tables should I remove that relate to appointments +? I can due a complete purge of the plugin and reinstall and reconfigure to see if that works.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Daniel,

I'm afraid that I was unable to do this because you don't have PHP Zip enabled on your installation.

Can you please enable Zip module so we could use Snapshot to create backup files, you can do that by following these cPanel instructions:
    https://www.godaddy.com/community/VPS-Dedicated-Servers/Error-when-installing-AbanteCart-for-eCommerce-site/m-p/2797#M121

Or you can ask your hosting provider to enable it for you.

Let us know once this is done so we can go ahead and continue debugging this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Daniel,

Great, that did the trick, I was able to create a Snapshot now and test this further on my end.

After some digging around I was able to replicate the issue and pinpoint the issue to one of the existing appointments.
    When I edited _app_appointments DB table and removed appointment with ID 510 the page started working again.

I'm afraid that I was unable to figure out what exactly is the issue so I will need to forward this information to our developers to investigate it further and see what's wrong with that DB entry.

In the meantime, if you remove the appointment with ID 510 you should be able to continue using the plugin normally.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Daniel,

I was discussing this further with the developers and it seems that this is a memory issue, so increasing memory limit to 512M should do the trick.
    You can do this by adding below line of code inside your wp-config.php file just above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ line:
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');

Devs will continue checking the plugin from our end to see what might be causing this on some installations.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.