[Appointments+] Appointments + page slow

When a user clicks into a service the page takes a long time to load content (once the page is cached it seems to load straight away, but the first time can take around 15 seconds). To recreate the issue click on Massage in the nav and then click on one of the treatments. Please note that this is a dev site and has htaccess set up – enter admin for the username and password to view the site.

• James Morris

Hello Ziping

I hope you are well today.

On the pages that are taking a long time to load, I'm seeing a large number of PHP Warnings like as follows:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'start' in ~/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/helpers-timetables.php on line 192

I see you are using custom fields and a custom template to accomplish the flow and layout you desired. Would it be possible to provide us with access to your site so we can inspect the code a bit closer to see why you're getting the illegal string offset warnings and why the site is loading so slow on these pages?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Option: I have a different Question

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello Ziping

After investigating this further and speaking with our Dev Team, this ticket has been flagged for our developers to investigate further. Please keep in mind that more advanced issues like this one can take a little bit longer to troubleshoot and resolve. Thank you for your patience while our team sorts through this issue. An update will be posted as soon as more information is available.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello Ziping

Our Dev Team has been looking into this issue further. The core problem is that this isn't so much a bug, but rather an issue of scaling when there are complex setups involved. Most users have much simpler configurations so the performance is generally much faster. However, in your much more complex setup, we're finding that Appointments+ needs some improvements in how queries are performed.

I've spoken with the Lead Dev on this project and he has an early ALPHA version of Appointments+ that has some significant improvements. He's asked if you would be willing to give it a test and see if it improves your situation.

Please keep in mind that ALPHA versions are early development versions and are not intended for production uses. They may be a bit buggy. However, if you have a staging site where you can test this out, getting your feedback would help us to get this version into production faster.

Would you be willing to test out the ALPHA version on a staging site?

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello Ziping

I've spoken with the Developer again. He's made a local (non-public) copy of your site so he can test using your complex data structure. He's going to work through this and find some ways to improve performance for more complex setups such as yours. However, I'm afraid this is going to take some time to work through since this will require a significant amount of rewrites to the core code base of the plugin. I'm afraid the ALPHA he's been working on still isn't quite ready. However, he is working on this and an update will be published as soon as technically possible.

Thank you for your patience while we sort through this issue. And thank you for giving us a scenario that challenges us and helps us improve the core product!

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.