[Appointments+] Appointments+ Time not working after update

Just updated appointments+ this morning. Tested an appointment - it works on the front end. Admin gets notified, however, when going to check the appointment details, the start time is 'unknown'. So if admin approves this, it then appears at 12am, and there is no way to change it to the real time requested.
Please help.
Thanks,
Guy

• Dimitris

Hello there Guy,

hope you're doing good today and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I tried to replicate this in a testing site of mine, with no avail though. This may be happening due to the large amount of options in the plugin though. In order to better inspect your setup and give this another try, could you please grant temporary support access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin? No need to share any WP admin credentials. Just navigate in WP admin area under WPMU DEV -> Support page and click on the "grant support access" button. You can find detailed information about it here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5
    Please do reply back here when access is granted because we don't get any notifications about it.

Thank you,
    Dimitris

• Guy

Hi Dimitris,

I still need help, as I'm sure others do too. I rolled back to 2.2.5 but that one has it's own issues and problems... You had said that 2.4.1 would fix the problem and I see from another ticket that 2.4.0 was supposed to fix the problem. Please let us know if an actual fix will be ready soon or we'll need to find a new solution. The whole point of an appointment system is to manage time effectively and this isn't doing it so it's not only worthless, it makes those using it look unprofessional.

Guy

• Guy

Hi Dimitris,

Thanks for checking back in. I've gone back to 2.4.1 because there were other issues with 2.2.5 that were just as problematic.

Anyway, here are all the steps:
    1. user finds a day on the calendar they want, the available times show up, they select a time, they fill out the form, they submit.
    2. admin gets notified. goes in to admin area and sees pending appointment. Before clicking on See Details & Edit, the time requested shows up.
    3. admin clicks on See Details and Edit, the time shows Unknown. admin clicks on the dropdown and sees no other time options (so admin can't even correct the problem and enter the proper time)
    4. admin selects Confirmed and send confirmation email is checked - and the emails go out to admin and to client.
    5. The time used is 12:00am - it goes into Google Calendar, it registers on the appointment page as 12:00am and there is no way to change it.
    6. Client gets email with the correct date but incorrect time (12:00am)
    7. admin has to email client to apologize for the mistake and ask them to disregard the error in this email and future reminders.
    8. admin has to block off the correct time so it won't get booked by others (because the correct time slot wasn't filled, the 12am time slot was filled).
    9. admin swears he will never update again because there are always problems that take up days of time and energy to get back to working condition and nothing new and better was added (but he will eventually update and be back in the support forum for a different issue).

Please help!
    Thanks,
    Guy

• Nastia

Hello Guy

I hope you're doing well!

I could not replicate this issue wit Appointments version 2.4.1, in this version this bug was fixed. After a user submits an appointment, an admin can see booking time, and different booking times can be selected. Please update the plugin and try one more time.

If the same issue happens on your site again, it is, I am afraid happening only n your site. Please create a staging site for us ( a copy of your live site on a different URL) so we could troubleshoot this further.

You can send credentials to a staging site by using our secure contact form
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Subject: “Attn: Nastia”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login URL
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Guy

Hello Nastia,
    Thanks for trying to help. Things are worse now.
    I don't have a staging server and wanted to try what you said but first I was just going to deactivate it and then reactivate it but... when I clicked Deactivate, it broke my site and I've had this error all day:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function appointments_get_options() in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/class-app-gcal.php on line 44
    I asked my host to restore my site to the day before I updated the plugin. But the problem is still there.
    Can you help? Recommend anything?
    Thanks,
    Guy

• Guy

Hi Dimitris,
    Yes, strange and awful! The way I tried to deactivate it was the usual way, by going into Plugins and clicking Deactivate. That's never happened to me before with any other plugin.

I had my host do a restoration to the day before I updated Appointments+ so it would go back to the last working version I had. Mind you, restoring the files wasn't enough - the database needed to be restored too.

Since the site is back in operating condition, I'm going to leave it as is and not update it right now. Perhaps in a month or so, I'll create a duplicate/staging site and then try to update it and will see if there's a problem or not but this most recent round of problems has really turned me off this plugin and making me consider alternatives.

Do you have a paid support program? As much as you tried to be responsive, it wasn't sufficient. I wonder if you have a program or offer on-demand support so I don't have to wait hours or days to get effective help?

Regards,
    Guy

• Dimitris

Hello Guy

We don't provide any additional-dedicated support services, as we handle all threads from older to newer giving the same attention.
    As mentioned above, the reported issue was able to get reproduced using your settings, so it's forwarded to our developers. We really can't provide any exact estimated time for the fix though.
    Please do let us know whenever you are able to create a staging environment, so we can troubleshoot easier, and we, of course, will keep you posted about any progress on this.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.