Appointments - Auto Confirm?

I use the appointments plug in for booking meeting times at my showroom. Tt's free and there is no payment required. Can you get the system to auto confirm and send out the conformation email with out having to do it in the dashboard?

• aecnu

Greetings david_calafiore,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Can you get the system to auto confirm and send out the conformation email with out having to do it in the dashboard?

Not that I am aware of and currently not the intended use.

However, rather then sticking my foot in my mouth I will see if I can get the lead developer @Hakan in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us to confirm or deny this functionality.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• david_calafiore

Thanks Joe,

It would be nice for my client to be able to get an email when the appointment is made rather then when it is confirmed manually in the backend. Also how about a email notification for the merchant when a new appointment is made? The only way to find out now is to keep checking the appointment tab in the backend. Keep in my we do not charge for the appointment.

Regards,
    David Calafiore

• Hakan

Hi,

This is explained in FAQ tab. You should include some codes inside the functions.php of your current theme. Here is a working sample:

function my_auto_confirmation_function( $status, $price, $service, $worker, $user_id ) {
    	return 'confirmed';
    }
    add_filter( 'app_post_confirmation_status', 'my_auto_confirmation_function', 10, 5 );

If you confirm appointments with this method, confirmation email will be sent automatically unless you did't disable sending of confirmation emails (As default confirmation emails are sent).

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.