Appointments being removed on their own

Appointments are being cancelled and we don't understand how or why

We get this email

Dear ******,

We would like to inform you that your appointment with ****** on April 3, 2018 15:00 has been removed.

Here are your appointment details:
Requested service: First Treatment
Date and time: April 3, 2018 15:00

Kind regards,

Why is is being removed? Who removed it?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Gary,

We were reviewing our chats and noticed that there was some misunderstanding about your issue, as well as some misinformation provided to you.
    We do apologize about that and wanted to shed some light on what's going on.

I was checking your Appointments+ plugin settings, as well as the logs in there and I believe I was able to pinpoint the cause of this.
    If you go to Appointments > Settings > General panel you will see in there "Disable pending appointments after" option, which in your case is set to 60 minutes.
    This means that if the appointment is not confirmed in 60 minutes it will be removed from active appointments.

If I switch to Logs tab in A+ settings panel and check the logs there for the appointment mentioned in chat (ID 53) I can see that at 08:22 there was notification email sent to admin and provider.
    Approximately 60 minutes later at 09:39 there was removal email sent to your client as there was no confirmation of the appointment in the meantime.

Hope this makes it clear on what happened.

Couple other settings to note, in Appointments > Settings > General > Accessibility you have "Auto confirm" turned off, which means that you will need to manually confirm appointments within 60 minutes.
    If you turn this option on, your free appointments will be automatically confirmed.

In that same panel, you also have "Allow client cancel own appointments" option, this will allow users to cancel their own appointments, even though it wasn't the case here I thought it was worth mentioning it.

Let us know if you have any additional questions about this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Gary,

You are referring to Appointment with ID 55, is that correct?

When I check your logs it seems that this appointment wasn't confirmed after booking, and it reached the time of appointment without being confirmed so it got removed.

So this actually looks good to me, unless I'm missing something?

Can you try creating few new appointments, and set them a couple of days from now (2-3).
    Leave one as unconfirmed and confirm the second one, now see if they will be removed before the appointment time.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.