Appointments+ booking issue plus some ideas ;)

Hi everyone,
My client have kind of an issue today, as they already accepting bookings by the plugin but when there is a booking made online lets say 29 March 2013 at 4.30pm and receptionist gets a phone call later to reserve different booking for the same time, she enters it as a new booking, and she's able to book same hour and date for different person. As they've got just one service provider, serving two customers at the same time is impossible.

Now few ideas for making this plugin perfect :wink:

1. It would be brilliant for receptionist to be able to see the same booking calendar on admin side to quickly tell customer over the phone if its free or not, and from the same place book it immediately.

2. It would be extremely helpful if "Send copy of email" would be automatically ticked when creating new appointments for the customer to make sure they'll get confirmation e-mail.

3. I'm really missing function of searching within all booked appointments + by the specific date or date range.

• Hakan

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.

1) You can check the front end. If you want it to be specific to a certain provider you can use this solution as mentioned in FAQ:

How can I view my planner as a service provider in calendar view?
    Create a private or password protected page and include the schedule shortcode like this: [app_monthly_schedule worker="1"]. Replace 1 with your user ID which is the same as worker/provider ID. You can also use app_schedule shortcode for a weekly planner instead, or you can use both. You may consider adding app_pagination and app_my_appointments shortcodes too.

2) This is already like that? "Send confirmation email" is automatically checked when you add a new appointment. Do you meet the opposite?

3) You can sort appointments by date in several ways, but searching for date is not possible at the moment. Searching for client name or email is possible though. Searching for a certain date may be considered and I am noting this as a feature request.

Thanks,
    Hakan

• Mike Pro

Hi Hakan,

Thanks for your reply,

My bad about the point 2, what I meant was, when you edit to confirm appointment, it would be great to have the option checked automatically, otherwise, client might not get confirmation e-mail if receptionist won't check the box. I got mixed up with the description. Sorry guys.

Thanks for noting point 3 for feature request, and going with point one is not a serious one, I'll just tell them to book appointments for clients on the front-end.

Still the bug with duplicate customers for the same date and hour remains when entered in the back-end.

Great to be here,

Mike

• Hakan

Still the bug with duplicate customers for the same date and hour remains when entered in the back-end.

This is not a bug. That is a freedom given to the admin:

Can I enter a manual appointment from admin side?
    Yes. You may as well be having manual appointments, e.g. by phone. Just click Add New link on top of the Appointments admin page and enter the fields and save the record. Please note that NO checks (Is that time frame free? Are we working that day? etc...) are done when you are entering a manual appointment. Consider entering or checking appointments from the front end to prevent mistakes.

If you have receptionists, but not admins, make them use front end instead.

My bad about the point 2, what I meant was, when you edit to confirm appointment, it would be great to have the option checked automatically, otherwise, client might not get confirmation e-mail if receptionist won't check the box.

This is requested the other way around by our clients: Otherwise if you make a simple *editing* in the appointment, confirmation email was being sent to the client again.

I think current way is the most logical one: If you add a new appointment check box is by default checked, if you edit it, it is not checked because possibly you have already sent an email.

In both cases you can select to send or not select the email.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.