Appointments+ breaks widget function

When I enable Appointments+ I’m not able to use the Widget functions in WordPress. There are no sidebar areas displayed and drag and drop doesn’t work. Is this a known issue and will it be addressed in a new release?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings barryn,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention.

I do not think this is a WordPress issue with Appointments +, most likely a theme issue and I cannot replicate this behavior on my production server – the widgets are all there and they are operation normally.

Now it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict there and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol – first to switch to the Twenty Eleven/Twelve theme just long enough to check for the problem – if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• barryn
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Following the instruction above, which were great and really helpful–thanks, I found that the Google Analyticator plugin was the one that doesn’t work with Appointments+. When either plugin is disabled Widgets work as expected, but not when both are enabled.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings barryn,

Thank you for going through the standard troubleshooting protocol and pinpointing what the issue is with the WordPress installation, Appointments +, and of course the Google Analyticator plugin.

I would suspect they have a classes conflict or something to that effect.

You may want to find an analytic’s plugin that does not interfere with Appointments +

However, before writing this off as just a conflict, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

By Google Analyticator you mean this plugin, is that right?

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/google-analyticator/

I installed it and both plugins are working fine together.

Please update A+ to the latest version (V1.2.4.1) and also check your Analyticator if it is up to date.

If this doesn’t help, using Google Chrome or Firefox login as admin, press Ctrl+Shift+j (a diagnostic screen appears), try to drag and drop a widget and see if you see some errors in the diagnostic screen.

Cheers,

Hakan

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings barryn,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ian and Hakan,

Aha! It looks like a possible three way – those are the harder ones to figure out but Hakan has indeed given us the clue and a full dose of standard troubleshooting protocol is in order to confirm if this is indeed the case.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol – first to switch to the Twenty Eleven/Twelve theme just long enough to check for the problem – if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.