Appointments+: Calendar events blocked by popup blockers

Settings: I have 'Open Google Calendar in the Same Window' deliberately unchecked.

Problem: When users get a new tab with an event for their calendar, the popup-blocker suppresses it. There is no problem for users who manually allow it through, but it's a problem that it gets blocked by default, as most users don't even notice.

I have tested this on 2 PCs, both running Chrome with AdBlocker on default settings. Both were blocking the Appointments+ calendar tabs by default, so I'm hoping someone can point me towards a solution.

• Rupok

Hi EjnarH,

Thanks for sending details. As you said "I have tested this on 2 PCs, both running Chrome with AdBlocker on default settings. Both were blocking the Appointments+ calendar tabs by default", so I think AdBlocker has some rules by default which blocks Google Calendar. We don't have much to play here. I've searched with this issue and it seems like lots of people have complained AdBlock and Google Forums for this.
    https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6307
    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/calendar/ZvoBgX5Fi68

So can you please ask in AdBlock forums regarding this? I think they should have spared Google Calendar from their blocking list. Please let us know what they say about this.

However, I'll still talk to our developer regarding this to find out if there is anything we can do from our end so AdBlock will take the new tab as safe and will open without any issue.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi EjnarH,

Thanks for the update. I was able to regenerate this with Firefox too. Firefox is also blocking the opening of new tab and the page refreshes before you can manually allow all popups for your domain. I think you are right about firing the popup method. Let's see what our developer says about this.

I've already pinged our developer regarding this and I believe he will come up with an update soon. I'll update you as soon as I get something from him.

As I said earlier, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback. I really appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.