Appointments+ Can I use appointments+ like an employee scheduler?

I am trying to set up a dev site to test the appointments+ plugin. I want to use it as a scheduler. Is this possible. I have 30+ staff and will have 6-12 working on any given day and I'd like them to schedule themselves.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Matt,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I must say I haven't seen anyone using the plugin this way but in theory it should be possible.

If I understand correctly you are looking to actually use your workers as clients and enable them to schedule an appointment as an working hour/day?

According to that your workers will be applying for same spot multiple times, this is not something A+ is intended to do but it is possible with a little hack provided in plugin FAQ section that will allow this, to quote the FAQ:

I want to accept more than one appointment applications for each time slot. Entering higher numbers in "capacity" field in Services tab does not work. Why?
    Please note that Appointments+ is designed for one-to-one appointments, that is, one service provider serving a single client at a time and to manage available workforce. Capacity field is for limiting the workforce, not for increasing it. You have two alternatives to achieve this: a) Use dummy service providers b) Add these codes in functions.php and modify as required:
    function increase_capacity( $capacity, $service_id, $worker_id ) {
    return 10;
    }
    add_filter( 'app_get_capacity', 'increase_capacity', 10, 3 );
    This filter will NOT work if there is a single provider giving the selected service. Please also note that this is a kind of "hack" and when you have more than one service provider, this function may not work as expected in regards to working hours, as "virtual" providers will not be bound to working hours of existing providers.

And you can use [app_my_appointments] shortcode that comes with the plugin where workers can review their scheduled time.

Let me know if this will work for you and if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.