Appointments+ Cancel Button doesn't work and changing text in confirm

The cancel button doesn't work -- I get this error in the console:
app-confirmation.js?ver=4.4.2:34 Uncaught ReferenceError: app_cancel_location is not defined

Also, I tried changing the word "Price" in the confirmation area using the language file, as I found in a support article, but it still says "price." I need it to say "Commission."

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @jamesdonegan,

Hope you're doing well today!

Regarding to the cancel button, I've confirmed this bug and flagged the developer so they can get it fixed up asap. Either myself or the developer will reply back here once we have pushed a fix out.

Regarding to changing the word "Price" in the confirmation form, the translation file have two strings: "Price" and "Price:".

Please, make sure you have changed the string "Price:", uploaded the .mo file to wp-content/plugins/appointments/languages folder, and your file have the language code:

If you are using WordPress in English (United States), the translation file should be:

appointments-en_US.mo

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Luís
    • Support

Hi jamesdonegan ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for my late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

Are you still having issues with the cancel button in the new version (1.7.2.2)?

If yes, can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can investigate it further?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís

• jamesdonegan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

The forms are created on each service provider's individual page. The shortcode is dynamically generated from search parameters the user has entered. This is the code that does it...

$appshortcode = '[app_services select="<h5>How long do you need '.$sittername.'?*</h5>" order_by="name" autorefresh="1"]';
    $appshortcode .= '[app_schedule worker="'.$usertosearch.'" require_service="1" logged="" title="<h5>Now showing: START - END</h5>" date="'.$startdate.'"]';
    $appshortcode .= '[app_confirmation button_text="Confirmation Step One of Two" note="Things for the sitter to be aware of. Please include whether you’d like a lesson."]';
    $appshortcode .= '[app_pagination]';
    $appshortcode .= '[app_paypal item_name="Final Step" button_text="Complete Broadway Babysitter Commission with PayPal"]'; ?>

If you create a membership for yourself and go to broadwaybabysitters.com/find-a-member, you'll see the search form and how it all is meant to work. And, at least when I checked yesterday, the cancel button on the profile page wasn't working properly.

• Ivan Shulev
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey jamesdonegan ,

I hope you are having a nice day so far!

I see there is a missing script and I would invite you to paste the following in your functions.php / must-use plugin or any code snippet plugin:

function wpmu_5433_enqueue_script() {
    	global $appointments;
    	wp_enqueue_script( 'app-js-check', $appointments->plugin_url . '/js/js-check.js', array('jquery'), $appointments->version);
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'wpmu_5433_enqueue_script' );

NOTE: Make sure you have FTP access first! This way you will be able to remove the peace of code in case it causes problems on the website.

If my suggestion does not work, please send over FTP credentials so we can find a solution.

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic.
    Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Ivan Shulev"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Thank you and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

• Ivan Shulev
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey jamesdonegan ,

Regarding your current thread, I altered the code above to the following:

function wpmu_5433_enqueue_script() {
    	global $appointments;
    	$appointments->load_scripts_styles();
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'wpmu_5433_enqueue_script' );

It appears to be working now.

Regarding your other thread, I will have a look at it later (probably tomorrow) and will provide an answer / direction :slight_smile:

I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.