Appointments+ capacity setting

Hi,
I am using the appointments+ plugin. I have set the capacity to 6 for one of my appointments but when only one booking is made the calendar entry becomes white and I cant make any more bookings. My understanding is I should be able to make 6 separate bookings. Is this right? Is there something else I need to set to enable the correct operation? Thanks

• aristath

Hello there @karenweider, I hope you're well today!

I am using the appointments+ plugin. I have set the capacity to 6 for one of my appointments but when only one booking is made the calendar entry becomes white and I cant make any more bookings. My understanding is I should be able to make 6 separate bookings. Is this right? Is there something else I need to set to enable the correct operation?

You'll have to add a couple of lines in your theme's functions.php file...
    To learn more about it simply viait the plugin's FAQ (from your dashboard) and look at this question's answer:

I want to accept more than one appointment applications for each time slot. Entering higher numbers in "capacity" field in Services tab does not work. Why?

I hope that helps!

I am marking this issue as resolved.
    If however the above solution doesn't work for you or you need any further instructions/clarifications, don't hesitate to reopen it and post an update on your current status!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Was that helpful?

• karenweider

Thanks for your fast and helpful response.
    I can confirm I am only using one service provider.
    The FAQs say;
    Add these codes in functions.php and modify as required:
    function increase_capacity( $capacity, $service_id, $worker_id ) {
    return 10;
    }
    add_filter( 'app_get_capacity', 'increase_capacity', 10, 3 );

I have done this and nothing has changed.
    I'm not sure what I am supposed to modify?
    Is this supposed to get the capacity from the capacity setting in the 'Settings -> services' tab?
    Thanks.

• aristath

In your case if you want to make it 6 appointments then it would have to be

return 6;
    }

Do you have any caching plugins enabled?
    That would explain why you're not seing the changes. In that case simply reset your caches and test again.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath

Could you send me your site's admin credentials so that I may take a better look at your site's settings?

Send an email to aristath at incsub dot com
    - Include a link to this thread so that I may track this issue more efficiently
    - Include a link to your site's login page
    - Include your admin credentials (user/pass). Please note that if this is a multisite installation I'll need superadmin.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• mrpatulski

I found this thread and have added the suggested code to increase my provider capcity for each service via a functionality plugin to my site. only I set my capacity at 2. So I changed 10 to 2 in the code. I still can't book more than 1 session at a time for any service.

I set up up service providers and that seemed to work in terms of capacity but I could no longer set start/end times or days off ie open all 8:00am-6:00pm open 7 days a week (where does the plugin get that range anyway)

What am I missing?

• aristath

THis is covered by the plugin's FAQ that can be found in your Dashboard. I am copying the entire message here, hopefully this will help you out:

I want to accept more than one appointment applications for each time slot. Entering higher numbers in "capacity" field in Services tab does not work. Why?
    Please note that Appointments+ is designed for one-to-one appointments, that is, one service provider serving a single client at a time and to manage available workforce. Capacity field is for limiting the workforce, not for increasing it. You have two alternatives to achieve this: a) Use dummy service providers b) Add these codes in functions.php and modify as required:

return 10;
    }

This filter will NOT work if there is a single provider giving the selected service. Please also note that this is a kind of "hack" and when you have more than one service provider, this function may not work as expected in regards to working hours, as "virtual" providers will not be bound to working hours of existing providers.

Please note that you will have to also increase the capacity for the service you want on the plugin settings.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.