[Appointments] Change per hour to morning or afternoon option

Is it possible to have appointments not per hour but using "in the morning" and in the "afternoon" instead?

This customer will have appointments that will be settled using different times, but it will be or in the morning or in the afternoon.

I have so far tried to use time as 9:00 till 12:00 and then 13:00 till 16:00, but it is not working properly.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi mpress

I hope you're fine today and thank you for your question!

The Appointments+ plugin doesn't support "flexible" bookings so all time slots, service durations and service providers' working hours must be set and only those will make booking available. In this case you can actually use a combination of longer appointments with additional working our settings.

Let me give you a step by step example of how to set that up assuming that

- you're setting it entirely from scratch
    - available "booking slots" during the day should be at 9am and 3pm and each one should be 3 hours
    - an example service is called "Test" and example service provider is called "Joe"

1) On "Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Time" page set "Time base" to "1 hour"
    2) On "Appointments -> Settings -> Services" page edit "Test" service and set its duration to "3 hours"
    3) On "Appointments -> Setting -> Service Providers" page set "Joe" provider to offer "Test" service
    4) On "Appointments -> Settings -> Working Hours" select "Joe" from providers list and set
    - "Working hours" to "9:00 am" start and "6:00 pm" end
    - "Break Hours" to "12:00 pm" start and "3:00 pm" end

Here's a screenshot of a booking calendar with that exact settings:

Please note: if there are more service providers providing the same service (or there are some add-on related to time calculations enabled) this might need additional tweaking

Best regards,
    Adam

• mpress
    • Code Wrangler

Hi Adam Czajczyk ,

Thanks for coming by.

This is the way I have started :slight_smile:
    Difference is that I have appointments hours starting as
    - "Working hours" to "9:00 am" start and "4:00 pm" end
    - "Break Hours" to "12:00 pm" start and "1:00 pm" end
    Because I wanted to show start time as 9:00 and 13:00.

Result is this :

This is what I see after activating Add-ons Durations:

I would like to see this page the same way yours do :slight_smile:

Access is still granted if you would like to see it.

Regards,

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi mpress

Yes, the "time slot calculus method" can make a difference. The "legacy" makes the slots "sliding in time" so to say - that's why I mentioned it in my post :slight_smile:

I understand though that this is working for you fine now, right? In case you had any additional questions, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.