Appointments+ changing the appointment service type

Since the last update to wordpress, I’ve noticed that when an appointment is created, it will change after I save it. It changes to the first service type in my list of services and also changes the provider from myself to “Our Staff”. This concerns me as I don’t want my clients receiving a reminder of a service type that is not what they purchased. It seems the initial email confirmation has the correct information. Maybe it is the email that triggers the change? I haven’t been able to determine what triggers the change to the 1st service in the list, but in the attached screen shots, the change happened pretty much right away, although the email sent was correct and in this case a reminder was sent since it is the same day, and it also indicated what I originally entered.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @brightfuture333,

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with the latest update, can you please tell me which version you had previous to 1.7.1?

Did you update from 1.7 or some previous version?

I would like to do some test and debugging so this will help me pinpoint the issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello brightfuture333,

I hope you’re well today!

I’ve visited your site and noticed that service providers are allowed to create their own GCalc integration but this option is not used and only the main integration is created. It’s not necessary to allow GCal integration in order to allow service providers to manage their own working hours so just for testing purpose:

– could you please disallow service providers’ GCalc integration

– re-check the issue

Let me know if this changed a thing or not. Also, were you able to spot whether this happens for all services available or for specific ones?

Please advise!

Best regards,

Adam

• brightfuture333
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

It’s still doing it. I made changes as indicated and then set my hours for 9pm for tonight and added an appointment. As soon as I clicked on the “Active Appointments” view, it changed to showing “Full Session”, which is the first in the list of services. I had scheduled a 15 minute session. It seems to happen for all services.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi brightfuture333,

I created one appointment on your site, confirmed it, and when switching to Active Appointments it was still showing correct service and provider.

So I waited couple of minutes, hard refreshed the page couple of times and it's still showing correct data.

Can you tell me if I'm missing something here?

Also, can you tell me which browser and OS are you using?

Best regards,

Predrag

• brightfuture333
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I see there’s an update but I don’t see that my problems (also have an open ticket because appointments are being deleted from my google calendar after the appointment is over) have been fixed which makes me nervous about updating and having even more problems. What do you suggest?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello brightfuture333!

I see you already noticed an update which I was about to suggest. It doesn’t address the issue raised in this thread because – as you know – we’re still investigating/troubleshooting this. However, I’d suggest updating the plugin anyway. There are some fixes related to appointments being deleted in relation to Google Calendar and also often other issues got fixed “indirectly” (because they are “previously undetected side-effects” of other bugs).

That said, I think it would be good know to take a full backup of your current setup (just in case) and then perform an update of Appointments+ and check the site for both issues.

Let me know the result, please!

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.