Appointments+ Classes on Specific Dates & Times (Non-Recurring)

We purchased Appointments+ in the hopes that it would help us with selling access to classes that we schedule and run.

We set up a specific class as a "Service" and an instructor as a "Service Provider" and everything seemed great, but when it came time to establish a time for the Class, everything seemed to break down.

It seems that Appointments+ is geared around the idea of having a customer select their service and book it from a recurring calendar of provider availability, rather than having the provider set the class topic at a specific time and allow people to reserve a spot.

Given this, we are wondering if we've made a mistake. Would your Events+ plugin perhaps be a better fit for this scenario?

Note: We want to accept payments via PayPal.

Thanks!

• Michael
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi,

This might work, but I haven't tried...

Set each type of class as a service provider instead of a service. Then set the working hours of that service provider to only the time you want that class to run.

For each class you have set as a service provider create a corresponding service which lasts for the duration of that class and assign it to that service provider, set the capacity to the number of places available in the class.

Use the shortcode options to create a booking calendar which defaults to the date the class is scheduled to take place and don't include the shortcode option which adds the next and previous buttons to the calendar. Then tinker with the CSS to get it looking pretty.

Hope this helps,

Michael

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Shannon,

hope you're well?

As Michael states above, his advice might work for you. But bare in mind, Appointments+ was not designed for this type of use, it was designed as a one2one appointment scheduler, such as booking an appointment tosee a doctor or hair stylist etc. Whilst some improvements have been made to cater for other uses, it's still pretty unflexible for many uses.

If the plugincertainly can't handle your requirements.

Events+ is more flexible,and would certainly allow you to create an event (class) for a specific date & time, and allow users to RSVP to that event (you can set a max amount of users able to attend), so that might work better for you. If not, you might want to look at a plugin such as EasyReservations.

I can temporarily switch your account over to Events+ if you wish to give events+ a try, though it will switch back toapps+ on your next payment date unless you cancel & re-subscribe. Let me know if you wish to try this instead.

Hope this helps

• Shannon Willits
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Vaughan,

Thanks for your answer. I appreciated Michael's idea, but I'd rather not have to use a workaround, but instead something more closely designed for my needs.

I'd like to take you up on your offer to switch our account to Events+ so we can test it out. I'll happily resubscribe if it looks like it'll work for us.

Thanks!

• Shannon Willits
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Vaughan,

Thanks again for your help. We definitely want to stick with Events+ as it's a better fit than Appointments+. If I cancel Appointments+, how do I ensure that I don't have a disruption or loss of data with Events+? Is there a certain procedure I should follow?

Thanks!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Could you contact our billing/accounts team and mention this thread to them and they can discuss this with you. There shouldn't be any disruption to the events plugin either way though, the plugin doesn't require a subscription once you have it, the subscription is for continued support & updates.

You can contact our billing team using the below link, select "I have a billing question" from the drop down on the page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.