Appointments+ conflict with Buddypress user permissions

There appears to be some conflicts between Buddypress and the new Appointments+ plugin.

I've done a clean install and checked pretty carefully. I keep getting
"You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." on the
Settings tab for the Appointments+ plugin. Obviously that doesn't make any
sense considering I am the only user and Admin. This is a clean install. Only plugins used are Buddypress and Appointments+.

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @amurray

Could you confirm if you are using A+ v1.3?

If you have v1.3 could you confirm if you deactivate BuddyPress can you access the A+ Settings page?

If you can could you Select the A+ Settings 'Add-ons' tab
    Then confirm if you have the 'Service provider names' activated.
    If you do could you try deactivating
    Then activate BuddyPress and confirm if you can still access your A+ Settings page.

Regards
    SteveB

• amurray
    • New Recruit

Hi Steve,

Confirmed on A+ v 1.3. Deactivating BuddyPress doesn't seem to do anything assuming I've already had it active. A+ works fine until I activate BuddyPress and try to save any of the Settings on A+.

I tried removing the Add-on you mentioned, but that doesn't seem to change the result. If I want to regain access to the A+ Settings page I need to uninstall the plugin, delete the files and reinstall. That allows me to temporarily access the A+ settings page, but as soon as I modify and save any of the settings on the page I get thrown the permissions error.

Best.

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @amurray

Many thanks for the update.

I know the following is going to be a pain but could you try the following:-

Take a database backup and Home directory backup of your site and label accordingly
    Then deactivate and uninstall A+
    Deactivate BuddyPress
    Then re-install A+ v1.3
    Then select the A+ Settings 'Add-ons' tab and confirm that ALL the 'Add-ons' are deactivated
    Then make some changes to the A+ Settings pages and save
    Then confirm if you can still select A+ Settings

I suspect it is either the A+ 'Add-ons' 'service provider names' or 'administrative permissions' that is causing the problem.

I have a couple of demo sites to test out new versions of A+ and I have the same problem on one of them.
    I'm going to test on my 2nd demo site but will make database and site backups so I can revert back if the problem occurs.

I'll keep you posted

Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.