Appointments + conflict with iThemes Backup Buddy

Hi there,

I have a problem. I use iThemes Backup Buddy plugin to create backups of my site. All was well until a few days ago!

The issue seems to come from the Appointments + plugin.

If I enable the Appointments+ plugin, then there is some kind of conflict with Backup Buddy and this plugin is unable to access the settings for my remote backup destination - Google Drive. If I disable the Appointments+ plugin, then all is well with Backup Buddy and backups go to Google Drive as intended.

So now I have a problem - both Appointments+ and Backup Buddy are critical to my business, but as of right now I have to choose Appointments from customers OR backing up my site!!! Not ideal!

So, would you be able to poke about and investigate what the conflict is.

Please help!

Thanks...

• Sajid

Hi Nathan,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

The only thing I can think of that may conflict with Google Drive backup is Appointments + Google calendar integration. Do you have Google Calendar enabled ? If yes then go to Appointments -> Settings -> Google Calendar -> API Mode, select Integration Disabled option and save changes.

Now, try to backup again and then check if that works or not. This will help us to find out where exactly the conflict is.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid

Hi Nathan,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear it still does not work. Thanks for trying the fix and your feedback. I am escalating this ticket to next level and bringing this issue in to the attention of developer to get their invaluable feedback on this matter. Either myself or developer will post back a reply here as soon as possible.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Ignacio

Hi Nathan

Sorry for the delay here. I've been testing Backup Buddy and Appointments together and I saw that the problem is more on Backup Buddy. The plugin seems to be loading Google classes that were already loaded by Appointments and that results in a conflict. I'm going to notify to Backup Buddy developers to find a solution.

Meanwhile you have two options:
    - Select another backup destination
    - Find and replace the following lines:

backupbuddy/destinations/gdrive/init.php. About line no. 107
    and
    backupbuddy/destinations/gdrive/_configure.php. About line no. 80

You'll see these lines:

require_once( pb_backupbuddy::plugin_path() . '/destinations/gdrive/Google/Client.php' );
    require_once( pb_backupbuddy::plugin_path() . '/destinations/gdrive/Google/Http/MediaFileUpload.php' );
    require_once( pb_backupbuddy::plugin_path() . '/destinations/gdrive/Google/Service/Drive.php' );

Replace them for:

if ( ! class_exists( 'Google_Client' ) ) {
    			require_once( pb_backupbuddy::plugin_path() . '/destinations/gdrive/Google/Client.php' );
    		}
    		if ( ! class_exists( 'Google_Http_MediaFileUpload' ) ) {
    			require_once( pb_backupbuddy::plugin_path() . '/destinations/gdrive/Google/Http/MediaFileUpload.php' );
    		}
    		if ( ! class_exists( 'Google_Service_Drive' ) ) {
    			require_once( pb_backupbuddy::plugin_path() . '/destinations/gdrive/Google/Service/Drive.php' );
    		}

And try again.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.