Appointments+ Custom Integration into Microsoft Nav (Microsoft Dynamics)

Hi Guys,
I am working for a client who wants to have their Appointments+ bookings sent to Microsoft Nav (Microsoft Dynamics) - a one-way send. The web service on the Nav side will essentially be a URL which I can post stuff to. I was thinking about using PHP SoapClient to write a connector (http://php.net/manual/en/class.soapclient.php) which would post the information from Appointments+ to the Nav web service. Just checking first to see if you have a guide, or advice on how to go about this? On the Nav side, they are exposing a web service for the connecter to post the Appointments+ information into.

I have reviewed the current list of Appointments+ Add-Ons. Wondering if you have plans around releasing an Add-On which allows for an sync feature from Appointments+ into Microsoft Dynamics (unlikely but I thought I would ask)?

Thanks heaps Guys... Jez

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jez,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Unfortunately we don't have any guides for this kind of integration, and I actually couldn't find any other threads with this or similar question that could help us out here.

We don't currently have any plans on creating add-on for this but I'll be happy to move your thread to features & feedback so developers can consider adding it in future.

As for current integration I'm afraid that we don't have any further info to help you get started but you can always post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist you further:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jeremy

Hey Predrag, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Do you know which file in the Appointments+ php file commits the appointment variables to the database? This is the file I will likely need to intercept and send the appointment variables to Microsoft Dynamics.

Can developers write Add-Ons? I wonder if I could write this connector as an actual Appointments+ Add-On and plug it in to use it. That way the files won't be overwritten when newer versions of Appointments+ come out and we upgrade to it.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jeremy,

There are lots of comments in the code which tell for what purposes code is used, if you go and search for database through code (any text editor will provide you with search function) you will find comments like Write Event ID to database and Install database tables below which is the code used.

Can developers write Add-Ons?

Yes, you can also see how the current add-ons are written by checking them in Appointments > Includes > Addons folder.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.