Appointments+ datepicker jquery doesn't throws error

Hello,

When I click on the appointments picker (http://puu.sh/kBF1M/2b75a314ae.jpg) , it used to open up a window to the right where it'd show the times. But now it doesn't anymore and it throws this error in the console;
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'createDocumentFragment' of null

It literally worked two hours ago, and now the client replied that it doesn't work when they tested it (and it doesn't).

Thanks,
Wouter

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Wouter,

I hope you're well today and thanks for granting access.

I took a liberty of visiting your site and checked its settings. I can see that there are double instances of both MarketPress and Appointments+ plugin installed. I assume that those are just "left overs" that you keep there "just in case" (inside renamed folders), is that right?

I've noticed however that the MarketPress you're using is not up to date. Since 3.0.0.2 release a lot of important issues has been fixed and upgraded, including some compatibility issues. That said, have you considered updating MarketPress up to the current release? Hopefully, this may solve the problem.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Wouter
      • Flash Drive

Hello Adam,

You are right, those folders are there as a sort of backup.
      But it isn't MarketPress that's not working, is it? It's the appointments+ plugin where I'm having the issue. MarketPress is only there to handle the checkout process if I'm correct?

I've just updated MarketPress, and I'll check a couple of times a day to see if any problems pop up. It's a bit difficult to see if the problem is gone, as it's not always there.

But I'll keep you posted, and thanks for now.
      Wouter.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Wouter!

Thanks for your replay!

But it isn't MarketPress that's not working, is it? It's the appointments+ plugin where I'm having the issue. MarketPress is only there to handle the checkout process if I'm correct?

As your appointments are not free and are listed as products (so MarketPress could handle checkout) both plugins are working in close connection. Therefore some issues formally related to one of them may actually turn out to be fixed in another.

However, after I've visited your site's dashboard again, I believe this wasn't an issue. It seems that the "in-built" Appointments+ cache isn't working well with your setup (this may be a server configuration issue). You've mentioned before that sometimes it's all working fine despite the fact you didn't do anything and it stops working after about 10 minutes.

That said, 10 minutes is a default period of Appointments+ cache validity if enabled. I took a liberty of clearing and disabling this cache (on "Appointments" -> "Settings" -> "General" page, at the very bottom) and now it all seems to be working all right.

I think you may safely keep Appointments cache off and it shouldn't affect your site's performance.

Please check for yourself if it's working fine now and let me know :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.