Appointments+ Deletes GCal entries on recurring events

Urgent and excruciatingly annoying issue. Ive created a number of recurring appointments in GCal. Once you sync <-> next month's appointments stay fine but next week and the week after lose 75% of their appointments in GCal. This only happens following async with A+. I've stopped the sync, removed all GCal imported entries, completely deleting them and then clearing cache and issue persists. I set all my recurrances from Never to End 12-31-13 and issue recurred. I have 52 appts/week minimum and hit the 500 event threshold within less than 10 weeks.

I suspected this threshold was causing the issue but for that to be the case, it would have to be importing future dates then near dates which makes no sense. In either case, I am extremely displeased with having to recreate my google appts over and over and over again as this continues to recur.

I need help with this right away please.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @sara

I hope you are well today and sorry to hear of the issues your having.

Can you confirm your using your secondary calendar and not your primary calendar please? If that is this case, please could you send Admin login details and also FTP to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• sara
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@Jack I am using my primary but I followed the steps required, as in checking/unchecking public etc. I have to use the primary for a few different reasons but it "works" fine in instances of syncing the appts+ generated appointments etc. I'm sending you the creds on separate email.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Sara,

I hope you are well today.

I spoke to the lead developer this morning on this issue and he said that you're meant to use the secondary calendar because A+ wipes and updates appointments in the calendar. He also said that A+ doesn't support recurring, which is why the recurring ones are being overwritten on an update.

Sorry about that, I can move this to features and feedback for a recurring support within Appointments+

Thank you.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• sara
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

With all due respect to the developer that only half makes sense. As far as
    A+ is concerned it doesn't see the recurring it just sees an appointment. I
    get that part, that it doesn't "support" recurring. But it still shouldn't
    arbitrarily wipe some and not others. Its all very strange. I will work on
    using the secondary calendar and hope for better outcome.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.