Appointments + disappointing...

I have installed the plugin but after spending an hour trying to configure have given up...

1. No emails have come through to the user or admin (This doesn't seem to be working properly - surely this is a bare minimum!)
2. Only now do I realise it can't be used to schedule classes (would have been nice if it was made clearer upon purchase)
3. The 'hack' to allow multiple slots under one booking date doesn't make any sense (who is going to choose a 'dummy provider'? - if it's a class they want to choose the tutor, simple.
4. Would be good to be able to create multiple appointment slots on one day. Right now the only way I can see it is to intersperse a full day with lots of breaks. This then makes the front end appointment availability for that day look confusing with random times on the screen (see screenshot)
5. Nowhere is there the ability to change terminology - I want to change the term 'appointment', I don't use the word 'schedule'. Why should I need to be an expert in WP hacks to do something as simple as this. Should be a setting in the back end.

• Vaughan

Hi Jock,

Hope you're well?

Sorry to hear you're disappointed in our plugin, it was actually designed for one on one appointments. There are some limitations to how you can create appointment schedules because of this nature, and many people do try & use it for something it wasn't originally designed for.

We are hoping to make this a lot more flexible in a future release and the developer is working on this new functionality, however I can't give any ETA currently.

Could you possibly give a few more details of how you want your schedules to be listed, and the service times etc, if we have some idea of what cheduling you are wanting, we might be able to find a workaround, it can be a bit confusing to setup at times.

With regards to emails, email issues are usually down to the server config, and most issues can be fixed by using an SMTP plugin for wordpress which changes default wordpress mail functions to use SMTP instead of the servers sendmail() function which tends to be more reliable.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/webriti-smtp-mail/

#4 You can change the time display on the front for the service durations by activating the Durations add-on in the plugin settings.

Dashboard > appointments > settings > add-ons

Then in the apps+ settings > general tab.

You can change the duration calculus method either to service duration or legacy method.

#5 With regards to changing the text, apps+ comes with a language translation file which you can edit using a tool called poedit from http://poedit.net

This will allow you to change the text of the plugin on the page. simply edit the translation file .po in the plugin /languages folder using poedit. Once done, poedit will generate a .mo file, you then simply upload this file to the following folder on your site.

/wp-content/languages/plugins/

Alternatively, you can use our ultimate branding plugin and enable the site-wide text change module which allows you to change text on your site via the admin without the need to edit files.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

Hope this helps

• jockturner

Hi, thanks for your detailed reply. As you could probably sense from the tomne of my comments I was rather frustrated at the time.

The emails did eventually turn up in my spam folder - not sure why? Hopefully not the case for users.

I'm not sure if this plugin will allow me to achieve what I need but it would be great if it could especially as my client has specifically asked for a system that allows users to login via their FB credentials. So this is what I would like it to do:

The system is going to be used by a yoga school...

The system needs to allow multiple classes (not appointments) on multiple days (so there could be 2 classes on a single day that may be taught by the same tutor). At the moment this can be 'fudged' by setting the length of the day as the start and end time of say 2 classes and then programming a break in between - although there must be a neater way to achieve this?

Second, and biggest wish, is to allow multiple bookings against 1 class. If there is a hack out there I am willing to give it a go - providing there is some step by step instructions as I am not a full blown coder.

Thirdly, and probably not possible (yet), is for a user to choose multiple dates and pay for lots of classes at the same time - effectively making a block booking of more than 1 date.

Lastly, and almost certainly not possible is for the system to allow a user to pick a time/date and tick a box that created a recurring subscription every week on that date. So if a user wanted to always do yoga on a Friday afternoon at 3pm they could choose the first date and tell the system to always book that date and take money from Paypal automatically - until they change their settings and untick the box. That's a BIG feature request right there!

Anyway, any help on the first 2 requests would be great, points 3 & 4 are nice to have but probably not possible.

Hope this makes sense?

If we could get those 2 points sorted

• Vaughan

Hi,

The system needs to allow multiple classes (not appointments) on multiple days (so there could be 2 classes on a single day that may be taught by the same tutor). At the moment this can be 'fudged' by setting the length of the day as the start and end time of say 2 classes and then programming a break in between - although there must be a neater way to achieve this?

You could use breaks for this as described, with 2 appointments per day, it's probably the way to go, this is 1 of the limitations unfortunately in the current version.

Second, and biggest wish, is to allow multiple bookings against 1 class. If there is a hack out there I am willing to give it a go - providing there is some step by step instructions as I am not a full blown coder.

You can do this by setting the capacity for each service, though for this you do have to use dummy providers, you need a dummy provider for every +1 capacity which isn't exactly what you were asking, but that's the only way of achieving this. It would get more complicated if you have more than one provider as you can only assign dummy providers to a single provider.

Thirdly, and probably not possible (yet), is for a user to choose multiple dates and pay for lots of classes at the same time - effectively making a block booking of more than 1 date.

This is possible, however you have to also use the marketpress plugin for this, then enable the marketpress integration which essentially creates an appointment as a product in marketpress, using marketpress add to cart function, you can then book an appointment, then add it to cart, then book another and add that to cart and so on, then you'd pay all at once when you checkout, however you would still have to go through the confirmation stage for each individual booking.

Lastly, and almost certainly not possible is for the system to allow a user to pick a time/date and tick a box that created a recurring subscription every week on that date. So if a user wanted to always do yoga on a Friday afternoon at 3pm they could choose the first date and tell the system to always book that date and take money from Paypal automatically - until they change their settings and untick the box. That's a BIG feature request right there!

This is definitely not possible, but I will move this to the features & feedback section.

I'm not exactly sure this would actually be suitable for your needs with these requirements, however, let me just ask a colleague @Tyler Postle to see if he can think of anything I may have missed, as I say, apps+ can be very complicated to configure for non-orthodox uses than what it was designed for, but sometimes there are workarounds.

Hope this helps

• jockturner

OK, if I'm going to use this then I need to get my head around this dummy provider issue. I can't seem to get it to work the way I need it to:

- I have one tutor. Let's say there are 3 spaces on each class.
    - So I set up 2 dummy providers and set the capacity for that service to 3 (see screenshot),
    - I assign dummy providers to this tutor(see screenshot), so far so good.

I set up the front end without showing the provider dropdown (after all as far as her clients are concerned she is the only provider).

Now when I choose a 'slot' it works fine (although I need to change the status of the booking to confirmed - need to ask you how to set bookings to 'confirmed' by default but that's another issue). So looking in the appointments list on the back end I now have 1 confirmed appointment - which is assigned to 'Our Staff' (as the user has not needed to choose a provider as it was hidden)

This carries on fine BUT the system allows me to keep booking beyond the 3 slots!

So what am I missing here?

Can I allow you guys to login to my admin to check I'm not going mad?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jock,

Hope you're doing well today and sorry to hear you're running into some troubles with Appointments+.

If you set the capacity to 0 then it will limit it to only the number of service providers that are available, so that should work better :slight_smile:

need to ask you how to set bookings to 'confirmed' by default but that's another issue)

You will see the "Auto Confirm" option in the Appointments+ general settings. Turn that on then it will default newly created appointments to confirmed.

As for pursuing a refund, you will want to reach out to our billing department: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a billing question".

They have more access to your account information and will be able to better assist with that.

If you do want to continue with Appointments+ then we are more than happy to help further :slight_smile:

Hope you have a great weekend!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.