Appointments+: Easy way to change/add custom statuses for appointments?

appointments.php line 1170:

function get_statuses() {
		return apply_filters( 'app_statuses',
					array(
						'pending'	=> __('Pending', 'appointments'),
						'paid'		=> __('Paid', 'appointments'),
						'confirmed'	=> __('Confirmed', 'appointments'),
						'completed'	=> __('Completed', 'appointments'),
						'reserved'	=> __('Reserved by GCal', 'appointments'),
						'removed'	=> __('Removed', 'appointments')
						)
				);
	}

The statuses seem to be pretty hardcoded. Also they each have different behaviour. I'm looking for an easy way for my client to add an appointment through the backend whilst on the phone (Phone Booking or something). Appointments with this status need to show up on the frontend for the user, and it needs to flick an email to the user once it is created and then another one x hours before the appointment occurs..

Please let me know if there's an easy way to do this, or if I must grab my php wordpress cookbooks from the attic :slight_smile:

Cheers guys

• Tyler Postle

Hey Julez,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I believe what you're proposing here should already work out of the box :slight_smile:

You can set the appointment as confirmed, which will email them then you can set a reminder email that will go out x amount of hours later. The Appointment should also show up on the frontend too as long as you select that client from the users.

Is that what you're after? All these settings will be on the "general" settings tab.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Michelle Shull

Hiya, Julez!

a) This is going to be easiest with something like Ultimate Branding, which lets you change labels without changing behavior.

b) Right now, your client could go to Appointments>Appointments>Add New to manual add an appointment made by phone, and that Add New editor allows you to send confirmation emails. There is a notes field, where your client could jot that the appointment was made over the phone.

Adding an additional status for manually booked (by phone, email, or in person) is a great idea, and a feature request I bet a lot of members would get behind.

Thanks for your questions!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.