Appointments+ error: we are sorry, but this time slot is no longer available

I have a multisite with several subsites running the same settings using Appointments+, but I'm only getting this issue on one of them.

We have appointments setup with 2 services. One of them has 4 providers and all them have the same schedule, so we have 4 slots available for it.

The issue is that, for some reason, when users click an available appointment slot, they are receiving the following error:

"We are sorry, but this time slot is no longer available. Please refresh the page and try another time slot. Thank you."

The slot is showing as available on the front-end and the slot is also not fully booked when I've checked the appointments in the WordPress admin. So there is one spot left that appears as available but can't be booked by the users.

I tried running a conflict test and the issue is still there. I also checked it when having no add-on active on Appointments+ and the issue persisted.

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Gail ,

I've made some changes on the staging website you've provided us. Could you please confirm that everything works as expected now?

I've tested this thoroughly but since you've found the issue you can easily confirm this as well since you can easily replicate.

Tell me if this works so I can tell you which file to transfer to your live setup if you like as well.

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hey Gail , I'm glad it's resolved.

You can copy the helpers.php file that is located in wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/helpers.php to your live setup to apply the patch.

Since this will be a live setup, please make sure to keep a backup of the original file as well.

There's already a patch on Appointments+ for this so yes it will be included on a next release, I'm not entirely sure though if it will make the next update, so please inform us if it gives you issues again after updating on this topic and I'll re-patch it for you manually if that happens.

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Konstantinos Xenos
      • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Gail ,

Yes the changes I've provided to you were implemented on the 2.4.2 release as well so feel free to update !

As a general note a good practice is to always keep a backup before proceeding with updates just for safekeeping since there might be other changes within plugins, themes and WordPress itself sometimes that might be conflicting after updates :slight_smile: .

Regards,
      Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.