Appointments+ excerpt

Hi Guys,

For theming purpose i need to show html tags in the excerpt. Especially for the selected service/worker page.

I tried to add the following code to appointments.php at line 1614:

$allowed_tags = '<table>,<tbody>,<tr>,<td>,<p>';
$text = strip_tags($text, $allowed_tags);

Still the plugin is stripping all the HTML tags from the excerpt.

Please help me, and is there a better way to control the plugin excerpt? Like adding a override in the theme functions.php?

Thanks,
Frank

• Hakan

Hi,

Never edit plugin files. Your changes will be overwritten in the next update.

Please note that excerpts are controlled by your theme, not by A+ and they are almost always stripped of tags.

A+ uses excerpts as default, but you can use full content of bio/description pages too (almost always not stripped of tags - also controlled by your theme).

To do so, simply modify shortcodes like this:

[app_services description="content"]
    [app_service_providers description="content"]

Please see Shortcodes tab for further settings and details.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• aecnu

Greetings Frank,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• catalyst

Related to this, I noticed (at least my setup of) A+ doing the odd thing of displaying all content in proper format when choosing "content", displaying *also all content* but without any format when choosing "excerpt", and of course nothing when choosing "none".
    So my problem is kind of the reverse of @Hakan's. And in particular the issue is why the "excerpt" shows the full content instead of just the shortened text I added to the page's "Excerpt" field?

• catalyst

Did some investigation and it turns out A+ simply creates its own excerpt from the main content by removing formatting and limits length.
    It would be better if that would be a fallback if no real excerpt exists. But then it could be even simpler by just calling up "the_excerpt" which would a) give the proper excerpt and b) if no such excerpt then create one same as the one made by A+. Looks like A+ is kinda reinventing the wheel here.

But to stick to the current A+ coding and do as little change as possible I only made these few adjustments to function "get_excerpt" in file "appointments.php":

Add $text = $page->post_excerpt; in front of $text = $page->post_content;
    Wrap $text = $page->post_content; and its related lines until (but not included) $thumb into if (empty($text))
    That way it's just editing 4 lines.

It would be nice to get this excerpt topic covered in one of the next updates, thanks a lot.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.