Appointments+ feature req: config Gcal alert

The Google Calendar integration on Appointments+ is great. It would be even better if you added the ability for it to set an alert on the event it creates on the calendar. Ideally there would be a way to configure alert/no-alert and a 30/15/0 min offset for the alert.

• grid7

Tyler, no I mean when it adds the appointment to the calendar, it would be great if it could be made to set a notification alert on the appointment itself. Gcal events can be set to throw a reminder 15min in advance, 30min, at the time of the event, etc

The only reason I'm asking for this is because it's not sending a notification to the service provider on new appointments for me. I've dinked with it for about the last hour and have tried every setting I can find. The appointments are accruing under the pending tab but no approval notifications are going out. Is this something you guys could assist with? I'm on your Elite plan. thx

• Tyler Postle

Hey Grid7,

My apologies, I misunderstood at the beginning there!

The only reason I'm asking for this is because it's not sending a notification to the service provider on new appointments for me. I've dinked with it for about the last hour and have tried every setting I can find. The appointments are accruing under the pending tab but no approval notifications are going out. Is this something you guys could assist with? I'm on your Elite plan. thx

You had the notification emails set to "Yes" and they weren't going out for only Gcal calendars? Do you have gcal setup for the specific service provider or just for general in the Settings > Gcal tab?

I'm thinking if you want it to notify the service provider then you will want to set it up for the specific service provider(you can setup multiple) so it assigns the appointment to them. Otherwise it will just get assigned to no specific provider.

Also, do you have the reminder emails set inside Appointments+ and they aren't being set out for gcal apps either?

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• grid7

Tyler, i just have Gcal sync setup under the master account right now b/c I"m the only one taking appointments. If I get a staff eventually to delegate these to then i'll set them up as service providers w/ individual Gcal sync at that time.

For notifications I made myself a service provider and turned on notifications. The client receives the emails but I as a service provider am not. Any idea of things to try?

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, grid!

Can you take a screenshot of your notification settings for Appointments so I can take a look? Or, if you'd rather, I can take a look directly under you hood if you allow support access. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks, grid!

• grid7

@michelle - I've actually since disabled Appointments+ and went with Appointlet for now just to get a working solution in place.

I'll get back in touch w/ you if we decide to go back and take another stab at Appts+. It does have a lot of customizeability and we get full insight all the way through to booking (which i like) but the UX is too complicated to make it do what we need right now. you can close this thread and I'll get in touch if decide to try with this again. thx

• Michelle Shull

Thanks for letting us know, grid!

True confessions: I agree with you about the UX in Appointments+. It's a really, really cool plugin, but it's right up there with a complicated caching plugin in terms of how difficult it is to set up. I'm currently revamping the usage doc, and it's become even more clear how hard it is to just jump right in and make it work. I know we've discussed working on it, but we've got all the Dev elves busy on our other projects for the rest of 2014.

We appreciate your feedback here, thanks for being a great member.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.