Appointments+ Final Confirmation Button Not Necessary

When I select an available appointment and go through the confirmation options, I have a main button that says, "Please click here to confirm this appointment".

Then another button shows up directly underneath that which says, "Please confirm PRICE USD payment for SERVICE".

I assume that the "PRICE" and "SERVICE" words are actually supposed to dynamically pull in the above price and the above service that was selected...this is not happening.

How can I fix this?

P.S. You can view this right here: http://www.computerhardwareinc.com/chi-university/make-an-appointment/

• Dharmendra

Hello @chaismeyer,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I assume that the "PRICE" and "SERVICE" words are actually supposed to dynamically pull in the above price and the above service that was selected...this is not happening.

Yes, you are right, it should display the service name and price here.

Could you please try disabling all other plugins and changing the themes to check it for a conflict?

If you still face the same issue, then I will need to have a closer look at this. Could you please enable the support access via WordPress Dashboard >> WPMU DEV Dashboard >> Support >> Staff Access >> Grant Access.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

• aristath

Hello again @chaismeyer,

I looked at your installation yesterday and was unable to find a reason for this... Then today I tried replicating this on my own installation without success, so I have just called in our Second Level Support guys (they're the code gurus), I'm sure they'll be able to sort this out.

If possible, please keep the support access active until they get here so they can test this and resolve it on your site.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Chais,

Apologies for the wait here - since SLS deal with more complex/code heavy threads their reply's are often a bit slower. Just wanted to make sure you knew that we hadn't forgot your thread or anything!

In the meantime, I took a look at your installation and is there a reason you're running an out-dated version of WordPress? Sometimes old versions of WordPress can cause conflicts with up-to-date plugins. If possible, it would be a good idea to update. Make sure you do a backup first to be on the safe side.

Keep us updated on the situation :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Jose

Hi @chaismeyer,

Hope you are doing great!

The button text is not being replaced because your site is throwing a Javascript error and, therefore, stopping the execution.
    This error is due to your site loading an old version of jQuery. And the root of all these problems is that your site is running a very outdated version of Wordpress.

Your current installation is Wordpress 3.5 (last release is 3.9.1), which loads jQuery v1.4 (last release is 1.11).

I coded a quick solution for you (didn't have the chance to test it in your site, since I have no FTP access). You should extract the php file into wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder. If the folder doesn't exists you should create it.
    This file will run the following snippet, which will replace your jQuery version with the last release:

class Update_jQuery{
        private $my_custom_title = "Repertoire";//Change to desired title value.

function __construct(){
            add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', array($this,'replace_jquery_version'));

}

function replace_jquery_version(){
            wp_deregister_script('jquery');
            wp_register_script('jquery', "http" .
                ($_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] == 443 ? "s" : "") .
                "://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js", false, null);
            wp_enqueue_script('jquery');
        }
    }

Of course, this is a patch for the meantime but I encourage you to update your site to the last WordPress release as soon as you have the chance. Consider that a bunch of critical security issues were achieved since version 3.5.

Please let me know if the custom code works as expected.

Cheers,
    JJ

• chaismeyer

Ok, I added that code and now any script on my site that was working before is not (e.g. Featured slider, clicking on options in the appointments+ calendar, etc).

Should I give you FTP access?
    Until I hear back I'm going to remove the ".php" extension off the file so that the site isn't broken.

Also, I totally agree with you!
    This fix is a temporary bandaid because ultimately the company needs to upgrade everything since their WP version is 1.5 years old. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry for the hassle but I very much appreciate the help!
    Chais

• Jose

Hi again @chaismeyer,

Hope you are well today!

Sadly, my fears become true. As I said above, I haven't the chance to test in your site, but there was a chance that this would happen.

The problem is that you are running an updated version of Appointments+, which relies on new features of jQuery. (jQuery.on() to be precise).

At the same time, you are running an old version of Wordpress and some out-dated plugins that may rely on old features of jQuery that were deprecated.

At this point, the cleaner solution would be to update your wordpress version and all the plugins to the last release, of coure making a good backup of everything.

The alternate solution, which would be still a patch, would require to load 2 different versions of jQuery in noConflict mode, but doing this change would be far more complex and risky.

Do you have any blocker or specific requirement to not upgrade wordpress? If not, this would be the next step.

Please let me know.

Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.