Appointments+ for tennis court booking

I have a few questions about Appointments+ used for tennis court bookings since the plugin says it's great for that yet I find very little documentation on using it like that.
I set up two services (book a tennis court, book a paddle court) and the tennis court "providers" are (Tennis court 1, tennis court 2, etc.)
1. People generally use tennis courts for 1 hour or 90 minutes. I made the min. time 30 minutes but don't see how the user can select the time period they want. The appointment just says they have a half of an hour. I'd like them to select 60 min. or 90 min.
2. Then obviously, if someone books the court 1-2:30, the court should be available at 2:30 for someone else.
3. Are there any tutorial out there that show a basic setup in the instance of court bookings (again - since the marketing says it's great for that!)
4. How can I add mandatory fields such as guests they'll be playing with? (including members of the system).
5. How can I edit the wording on the pages and emails (appointments and providers doesn't make sense when you're booking a tennis court....).

Thanks,
Emily

• Patrick

Hi there @Emily

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

1) If you want your users to be able to book a court for 60 or 90 minutes, then set up your services like that. So you would have 4 services users could book (for example):

- 60-minute tennis court
    - 90-minute tennis court
    - 60-minute paddle court
    - 90-minute paddle court

2) That will happen automatically if you set your services up like I noted above.

3) There is a whole series of video tutorials in our YouTube channel. You'll see the first one on the plugin usage page here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/#usage

And the whole series on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLV1BcivFAIdvk-1xYU5nBHcwrbTY-WgWy&v=9aYhyBAWN4E

Note that the video tutorials are rather generic, not specific to tennis court bookings. But they do provide you with a good walkthrough of getting things set up.

4) You can add as many new fields to the booking confirmation form that you need. Simply activate the Additional Fields addon under the Addons tab in Appointments > Settings. You'll then find a new option in the Display Settings section under the General tab where you can set up your Additional Fields.

Note that this is limited to only text or checkbox fields. To get a text field to automatically show a list of registered users on your site would require some custom development.

5) You can customize the content of the emails in the Notifications section under the General tab. To edit the labels for the pages, see the Appointments > Shortcodes screen in your admin for all the customizable parameters of each shortcode, including titles/labels.

To add/remove/edit those shortcode parameters, simply pop open your make-an-appointment page where you can edit the shortcodes just like any other WordPress page.

Be sure to check the Usage tab of any plugin that you're interested in to find more information about options & configuration. You'll also find a bunch of additional info on the FAQ screen of the plugin settings in your admin.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member

• Emily

Thank you so much for your help! I changed the services per #1 and I've added the custom field. And I did already watch the you tube videos, which were a good starting point but as you pointed out, didn't really address the scenario here.
    Before booking the court, I'd like to display the 6 tennis courts for one given day - much like the image I'm attaching. I don't see a way in the shortcodes to show a calendar for a given day with the 6 "service providers".
    I appreciate your help!

• Ash

Hello @Emily

I hope you are well today.

I am afraid, showing like your screenshot is not possible at all. The user must select a service and provider to see a specific calendar. A calendar can be for a service or for a provider or for a service and provider. Showing multiple services for a single day is not possible at all.

It will need a fair amount of code to customize the plugin. Also, if you need to customise this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staff is available in the job board.

Cheers
    Ash

• Patrick

Hi there Toni Guga

Welcome, I hope you're well today!

In the future, please create a new support ticket for your question or issue, especially if it's an older topic like this one. That way, the original poster does not get notification emails for something unrelated to his/her question.

If you only have the one court, and people can book it for multiples of 30-minutes, the easiest way to do that would to have only one service with a duration of 30-minutes.

That way, they can book any number of 30-minutes slots in the day that they need to make up their reservation. For example, if I wanted to play a few sets for 90-minutes, I would book 3 consecutive 30-minute slots. There would be no risk of any overlap this way.

Would that work for you?