Appointments + form field ID

Hi,

Is it possible to add a name or id tag to each of the input fields on the appointment submission form?

It appears that currently neither of these tags are set, and the form is managed by browser side scripting, however we would like to use an automatic form filler such as LastPass to manage a large number of client name/data records and autofill the form fields.

Initially appointments will be created by our client on behalf of their clients, so unfortunately the present single autofill or membership plugin will not be suited for this.

Regards,
SteveB

• aecnu

Greetings SteveB,

Thank you for the great question and anything is possible when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get the job done - and I am not a coder - but I do know an extremely competent coder whom I will ask to come in here and offer his advice/advise us to how this may be done or if this should be a feature request because it requires heavy coding.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• pxwm

Hi Joe,

Many thanks for the prompt update and I look forward to the coder considering our request.

To confirm we are okay coding our side to use something like LastPass that will hold all of our clients customer data but to do that we do need some method of identifying each field on the appointment form so when our client makes an appointment on behalf of their customer we can capture the data. This way if the customer requests another treatment we will already be holding the data in LastPass so we can auto populated the Appointment form with the relevant customer data without having to retype.
    As indicated previously our client will initially be making all the appointments on behalf of their customers so unfortunately we don't think the current autofill method or membership plug-in is an option.

Regards
    SteveB

• Hakan

It appears that currently neither of these tags are set, and the form is managed by browser side scripting

We use classes to read the values and use jQuery ajax to submit the form.

They are not conventional forms as submission should be done by ajax.

Coming to your main question, no we do not have a name or ID for the form fields as we don't need them and multiple ID's or names on the same page will create problems, but classes do not.

Is it possible to add a name or id tag to each of the input fields on the appointment submission form?

We don't support it but of course you can modify confirmation form fields (e.g. using "app_confirmation_fields" hook) using the filter hooks, without touching the main plugin files.

Obviously this is a customization. There are other alternatives to add custom fields to the confirmation form, for example:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-layout-design#post-298968

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.