Appointments from Gcal not syncing

Appointments from Gcal not syncing with the Appointements+ plugin.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Johannes,

Hope you're doing well.

I tested Gcal Sync on my installation and both ways are working correctly for me.

Can you tell me if the appointments are imported if you go to Appointments > Google Calendar tab and manually sync them from there?
    This will tell is if automated process is not working or there's something misconfigured.

Also, when you create appointment on google calendar itself, did you made sure that the correct calendar is selected, if you have multiple calendars?

If the manual syncing is working properly it's possible that there's some conflict on your site that's preventing the communication between A+ and Gcal.
    So in that case please perform the basic troubleshooting by disabling your other plugins, switching to default WP theme and then create new appointment and see if it will get imported.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Johannes

Hello Predrag,

thank your for your answer. Yes, the manual import function does sync the GCal appointments correctly. Also Appointments+ does upload created events in seconds to Google. The correct calendar is selected.

Unfortunately this is a production environment and I cannot switch off plugins or themes. I have to setup mirrored server to test this. Is there no other way to debug if the automatic process is prevented from working by a certain process?

Thanks!
    Johannes

• Johannes

Hello,

I have mirrored the live system to a dev system and investigated the issue. Unfortunately I cannot confirm the plugin is working. I switched off every plugin and activated standard theme. The appointments are only synced one-way (upstream). What I did:

1. Test full config on new server - not working
    2. Switched off all plugins - not working
    3. Switched theme - not working
    4. Copied JSON file to server (not necessary but who knows) - not working
    5. Use another Google calendar, not main calendar - not working
    6. Switched on wp_debug - no error

Is it possible that it might be a hardware or OS misconfiguration that prevents a+ to import Cal events automatically?

Server: Ubuntu 16.04 LAMP stack
    PHP 7.0.22
    ufw active

Support access to dev1 opened.

Thanks for advise!
    Johannes

• Johannes

Update:

This morning the sync worked and the appointments appear. To test I changed the sync value in appointments.php and class-app-gcal.php to one minute. This was working for a certain time and all appointments are synced down to website after creation (maybe note this as an improvement setting for next version to make this flexible).I was also able to activate theme and plugins without issues. HOWEVER, the sync stopped from nowhere and was delayed up to one hour.

From there I am now not able to re-start sync. I was looking if wp_cron may be not working well so switched to server cron job but that did not change anything.

If there is no solution at all I regret to change to another plugin I really don't like to :slight_frown:

• Johannes

Update:

After cron job is running the appointments are synced every minute correctly. However I believe that I found the issue in the code:

Once I activate Updraft Plus on dev server the sync is stopping. No further events are written although cron job is running. I found an old issue which also was related to Appointments+ and Updraft not working together. Somehow I believe Appointments+ is in conflict with Updrafts google class.

In Addition I get from my dev cron the following note:
    Undefined index: HTTP_HOST in /var/www/dev1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/pro/external/lightopenid/openid.php on line 72

I verified this by deactivating Updraft on production server and appointments are synced.

Could you please investigate this finding and provide suitable solution?

Regards,
    Johannes

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for all the additional information and testing you performed.

I have also tested my installation again, this time with UpdraftPlus enabled, and I was able to replicate the issue so it does look like these two are not playing nicely together.

I will report this to our developers so they can check it out and see if it's something that can be sorted in A+ future releases.

Best regards,
    Predrag