Appointments from Google Calendar Show at Wrong Times

My name is Adelle and I am the WP helper for, Debi, who owns this website. We got the Appointments plugin setup with Google Calendar and it's syncing correctly now, except one problem. The times of appointments are not accurate. It seems like it could be a time zone problem or something. They are showing up in the correct order, but at the wrong times. Can you help us fix this? Thank you!

(email address removed by moderator, these being public forums. We'd prefer to keep strangers from sending spam to you, you probably get enough already :slight_smile: )

My client says this:

So, I looked at the times that were listed on the wordpress app page. They are all listed as evening appointments, even though they are daytime app's on my google calendar.

Somehow the times are not corresponding. Whew, I think that's the issue. Deb

• Adelle

Hi there,
    We changed time zone to Los Angeles today, but prior to that it was set at -8. Not sure if that's the problem, but here's my client's complaint, below... I'm hoping you can help. I granted support access to the site.

The time seems to be off. I am booked until 6pm Thurs April 2 and Fri April 3, but it shows me available at 5pm. Also, on Friday, which is booked from 10:30-6pm, it allows me to book a 5pm mani/pedi, but says the day is totally booked for just a pedicure. That seems odd since a pedi is just an hour. Thanks, Deb

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Adelle, really sorry for the extreme delay here! :slight_frown:

We changed time zone to Los Angeles today, but prior to that it was set at -8.

Where was this change made? Inside of your WordPress site, or inside of Google Calendar? And are all of the timezones I mentioned earlier (the server's timezone, Google Calendar's timezone, and your WordPress site's timezone) all matching up?

If you were to create a phpinfo.php file, as this tutorial lays out:

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/php/create-phpinfo-page-to-see-php-settings

What does the date.timezone field say? (you'll want to use your browser's search functionality to search the page for the date.timezone entry)

What timezone is the Google Calendar set to presently?

I am booked until 6pm Thurs April 2 and Fri April 3, but it shows me available at 5pm. Also, on Friday, which is booked from 10:30-6pm, it allows me to book a 5pm mani/pedi, but says the day is totally booked for just a pedicure. That seems odd since a pedi is just an hour.

Is this inside her Google Calendar, or inside of Appointments+ itself?

And have you tried disabling the other plugins on your site, and then trying to create a test appointment, and seeing if the appointment times are correct?

I've left myself a special notification here, so that I don't miss your response. :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.