Appointments + Google Calendar button to add appointment to calendar

I'm using 1and1 hosting. Current php level is 5.2. The google api requirements are for 5.3 or better to use the automatic calendar integration. Everything I have tried so far to get 5.4 php working with my site has broken it. So i just need the ability to add "active appointments" added by a client to my "service provider" calendar. I see where my client can add the appointment to their calendar from the form, but once the appointment is in the system, where is the button for me to add their appointment to my calendar?

Thanks,
Chris

• Kliqks

The host is 1 and 1 shared hosting, I dont have control of what is loaded. Their global options are 5.2, 5.4 and php dev. I was on 5.2 and changed to 5.4. The site stopped responding on the back-end. I also tried adding AddType x-mapp-php6 .php or
    AddHandler x-mapp-php6 .php to my .htaccess file, but that broke it too.

So, I really just need a work around for now. The verbiage in the google calendar tab of the plugin says that I should be able to use a button, but I dont see where it would be.

Thanks

• pxwm

Hi,

To my knowledge the button functionality is only available for the end user to add the appointment to their google calendar.

The only way I'm aware you can add the appointment to the Service Provider google calendar is through GCAL integration using the API key and settings in the 'Google Calendar' tab and the user profile if required.

To confirm we have 5.3.8 installed on our server and it works fine.

I'm aware 5.4 has changes but unsure if this would break the site.

Regards
    SteveB

• Kliqks

I will paste the language from your verbiage here. Maybe it's just worded poorly, but it seems to me to read that the "service provider" can add manually through a button, or automatically through the API. Can you help clarify what is really being said here?

"Appointments+ can integrate with Google Calendar accounts by 2 different ways: 1) Google Calendar Button 2) Google Calendar API.

Google Calendar Button method is simple to implement, but it is semi-automatic, that is, client or service provider should click the button to submit the appointment to his Google calendar account.

Setting of Google Calendar API is sophisticated because of requirements and security measures of Google itself, but once it is correctly set, appointments are automatically sent to the Google calendar account. Synchronization (automatic import of Google Calendar events to Appointments+) is also possible with the API method. Clients cannot use API method; only website itself and/or service providers can use it. Note: Each service provider should carry out the below setting steps, if they want to follow their appointments on their own calendars. "

• pxwm

Hi kliqks,

Based on your feedback I thought I would investigate further and I've found out how to do this.

The reason I didn't think you could was because we didn't use the end use google button and we have fully integrated GCAL with A+.

Anyway if you go to the 'Google calendar' tab and set 'Add Google Calendar Button' to Yes and then make an appointment as an end user you should see the Google Button when submitting the appointment.

If you can then submit the appointment.

Then log-in to the backend and select the user profile of the Service Provider you made the appointment against and scroll down and it should display the appointment that has been made and to the far right the Google Button should be visible.

Pleas let me know if this works and apologies for any confusion.

Regards
    SteveB

• Kliqks

OK, That works, sorta, hell of a round about way to get to it, but its there.

So, now my issue is that the appointment that is created, does not list the name or any other information for the client. It just fills in the service as the title to the calendar event. How can I get the clients name into the calendar data string to show with the Service name or into the Where field?

1. Is there a php file I can edit to customize how I want the calendar data to appear?
    2. Also, will this be the same result if and when I get A+ working with the Google API?

Thanks,

Chris

• Kliqks

Disregard this post - fixed-- Please help with issue below Hi! I was able to get PHP 5.4 installed and working with 1and1 tech support help, and I have the Google API settings configured and tested good with test appointment on the calendar.

My problem now is that I have set up a service for a photo shoot for one day May 18th only between 9 and 11:30 am. I assigned it to a dummy Service Provider and set up blocking days in order for the Session to show up on only one day on the calendar.

All works except that once the appointment is made by the user, it does not show up on the calendar. I don't know if its a setting or what. I assumed that now that the Google API is set up that ALL appointments made will get on the calendar. Is this not true? what am I missing to get everything on one default calendar?

Thanks,

Chris

• Kliqks

I found the setting to activate the API and send ALL appointments to the calendar, so please disregard the earlier message.

Now my issue is this. I can "Test Connection" and get a perfect appointment set with the details I need.

However, when I set an actual appointment from the website, all works well except that the calendar item will set at the correct time but the Title shows "Untitled event" and the description is left blank instead of adding the detail like the "Test Connection" appointment does -
    Client Name: Test client name
    Service Name: First Communion Formals
    Phone Number: Test phone

My email setting for the Event Description in the Google API tab are:
    Client Name: CLIENT
    Service Name: SERVICE
    Phone Number: PHONE

Please help ASAP, I'm so close and I need to get this online soonest.

Thanks,

Chris

• pxwm

Hi Chris,

Assuming you have only set up a main Google calendar then could you log-in to the backend and go to settings in A+.

Then go to the 'Google Calendar' tab and scroll down to the 'Event Summary name' field.

If the field is blank then try entering SERVICE appointment.
    This should add a subject field in your google calendar of the Service name followed by appointment.

If you have set up individual a google api for each service provider then you will find the same field in each of the Wordpress (not A+) user profiles.

If you are still having problems then could you please post all the settings in your 'Google Calendar' tab.

Please let me know if this works.

Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.