Appointments+ Google Calendar export does not work after some time

I am using Google Calendar integration of Appointments+. When I set the API it works at the beginning, but after some time it just starts to not work.
How can I solve this?

• Dimitris

Hello there Guy,

that's really strange, I couldn't replicate this in a live test site of mine.

I can see now that there's a error message like:
    There was an error loading your calendars.

Could you please reset API credentials and try to re-connect this once more, using the instructions found on that screen?

If this continues for you, let us know if we could proceed with some further troubleshooting in this installation. This will require some temporary plugin/theme deactivation and testing this with out own API keys. If this isn't possible, as I can see that this is a publicly available site, you should first create a staging environment, meaning a complete and exact copy of this website into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database. We could then proceed debugging in there. Some server panels provides this functionality, or you can do that with the manual way, or by using a plugin like this (in either case, please do start with a complete site backup).

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Guy

Hi Dimitris,
    I've been working on this a while to save you guys some time.
    The problem seems to be coming from a plugin WooCommerce Google Analytics Pro
    I have set up a testing server site where you could take a look at it. Support access has been granted.
    I have run through other plugin configurations but this seems to be the one causing the issue. Unfortunately, I really need it. And I also really need the appointments plugin.
    Any chance you could take a look at it? It's not a live site, and I have a backup, so you can do whatever you need to with it.
    Thanks in advance for your time!

• Nahid

Hey Guy !
    Hope you are doing well today!

Thank you for setting up the staging site and doing the tests for us. I was able to replicate the issue on your site with the WooCommerce Google Analytics Pro plugin activated. It was showing the error message - "There was an error loading your calendars". I went in, deactivated the WooCommerce Google Analytics Pro plugin, activated it back and Appointments+ started showing the available calendars in Google Calendar and the import/export worked as expected and is doing so till now, even with the WooCommerce Google Analytics Pro plugin activated.

However, I installed and configured both the plugins in a test installation of mine but couldn't replicate the issue there. The Google Calendar export/import in Appointments+ works fine with the WooCommerce Google Analytics Pro plugin activated and configured.

As the issue seems to go away and come back periodically, I'll keep looking into my test installation if it throws the error message or runs into trouble with export/import in the Google Calendar. In the mean time, could you send us the FTP credentials of the staging site you have set up so that we can take a closer look, enable debugging and see if we can trace the source of the issue? You can send that privately through our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nahid Mohit"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Nahid

Hey Guy !
    Hope you are doing well today!

Okay, here's an update about the issue from my test installation. I was able to see the error message In the Google Calendar integration in Appointments+ after a while (30-60 minutes). I've escalated this issue to the developers along with my troubleshooting details. They'll be back to us with confirmations if this is a bug on our end, clues, workarounds and fixes (if possible) in this ticket (or we'll be updating the ticket as soon as we hear back from them internally). Please note that the response time of the Second Level Support team or developers might be a bit delayed than that of the general support staff. We really appreciate your patience and consideration regarding this.

And thank you for sending through the credentials for your staging site, I have received them.

Kind regards,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.