Appointments+ Google Calendar sync

I have Appointments+ sync two ways with GCal but when an appointment is made from Google Calendar, it doesn't seem to reflect on the site. I'm still able to see the time slot available on appointment page.

Does that requires to manually triggers the sync when appointment is made so it updates on the site. Or time slot should be automatically unavailable when booked from GCal?

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Christian

I hope you are well today.

With GCal sync, the synchronization process is triggered by WP_CRON. On high traffic sites, this usually isn't much of an issue as WP_CRON gets triggered frequently enough to keep everything updated. However, on sites that experience lower traffic, or if you have issues with WP_CRON firing reliably (fairly common), then it's best to replace WordPress cron with system cron. The following primer from SiteGround gives the steps on how to accomplish this.

https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/wordpress/real-cron-job/

Please keep in mind that, because of how cron and GCal works, instantaneous sync is simply not possible. However, if you fire your cron task every 2-3 minutes, you should have no issues with Google API or overloading your server.

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.