appointments + & google maps

Hello,

When i was updating the google maps plugin, the update crashed my site and I was getting a fatal error. Now the appointments + plugin is not working and I get this message:

The google maps plugin gave me this issue:

AgmMapModel' is missing from the plugin and causing the issue.

Now I deleted the google maps plugin to try to fix the problem. I am afraid to delete the appointments + plugin because I do not want to lose all of my pending appointments.

If i activate appoitment + i get the following issues:

Warning: require_once(/home/elemen21/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/widgets.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/elemen21/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments_orig/appointments.php on line 102

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/elemen21/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/widgets.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php') in /home/elemen21/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments_orig/appointments.php on line 102

Please help,

Thanks,

Aaron

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Aaron (@elementsglass)

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

This sounds like your missing some required files within Appointments, download appointments+ from here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/ and unzip.

Then using FTP, Move the widgets.php /appointments/includes/widgets.php into your current install of appointments+ and do the same for app_location which is in appointments/includes/addons/ilb

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• catalyst

I got the same issue but in a slightly different order:
    it was all well with Appointments and GoogleMaps until today's GoogleMaps update. So I doubt I'm missing files or there's a serious flaw here.

What I did:
    - All was well running Appointments v1.4 and GoogleMaps 2.7.
    - Noticed today an update to GoogleMaps 2.7.1 and applied it.

Result from the error log:
    PHP Fatal error: Class 'AgmMapModel' not found in /wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/addons/lib/app_locations.php on line 152, referer: /wp-admin/widgets.php

Referring to the earlier mentioned idea of missing files, both are present in the Appointments folder in their respective places.

• catalyst

I posted here due to the similarity of this thread and it not having been marked as "resolved" yet. (I'm not really sure when to open a new thread and when to continue an existing one)

- Appointments v1.4 & GoogleMaps v2.7 were fine both individual and together
    - multisite setup but these 2 plugins are only activated per blog and on 1 blog only

After the upgrade of GoogleMaps from v2.7 to v2.7.1:
    - Appointments dies (white screen of death for affected blog) (see previous post)
    - disabling (moving entire folder) Appointments solves the error of course
    - as Appointments wasn't updated, it continues to work of course if no GoogleMaps 2.7.1 activated
    - GoogleMaps v2.7.1 alone is also fine

The problem only occurred after the GoogleMaps v2.7.1 upgrade and when that specific GoogleMaps version is activated.

• catalyst

I solved this issue.

Summary:
    WPMUDEV's GoogleMaps plugin must be *activated* on the same blog that runs Appointments.

Common error:
    GoogleMaps installed but not activated.
    (I think I read somewhere in a doc before that it's required but it fails on plugin side as described below).

Appointments bug (or at least missing feature):
    In file \includes\addons\app-locations-locations_on_google_maps.php the function "show_nags" checks for GoogleMaps to be loaded and it should trigger a warning but somehow this isn't working on the plugin (re-)activation level when it was previously configured to use GoogleMaps which meanwhile is not activated anymore.
    Instead it dies with file \includes\addons\lib\app_locations.php calling GoogleMaps.
    I would suggest to include the nagging into the plugin activation phase as well so reactivating plugins that require other plugins won't kill the blog without user-readable explanation (preferably refuse to (re-)activate with a notice would be best).

What happened in my case (to solve my particular mystery):
    In the past I activated Appointments and GoogleMaps on the same blog. I also use Buddypress together with GoogleMaps. I then switched BuddyPress to another blog ID and activated GoogleMaps there.
    At some stage I forgot Appointments requires GoogleMaps for some extra features so I disabled GoogleMaps on the first blog. No problem so far as I didn't touch Appointments (where I likely would have seen the nagging of the missing GoogleMaps.
    Then I upgraded Appointments which includes a re-activation... which killed the blog as it couldn't find GoogleMaps (which I had earlier disabled for that blog).

And now to answer the last remaining questions:
    WP_debug says: Fatal error: Class 'AgmMapModel' not found in /wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/addons/lib/app_locations.php on line 152
    That's identical to the standard log file. Note that the error is on a white screen of death. This error kills WP.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.