appointments + & google maps

Hello,

When i was updating the google maps plugin, the update crashed my site and I was getting a fatal error. Now the appointments + plugin is not working and I get this message:

The google maps plugin gave me this issue:

AgmMapModel’ is missing from the plugin and causing the issue.

Now I deleted the google maps plugin to try to fix the problem. I am afraid to delete the appointments + plugin because I do not want to lose all of my pending appointments.

If i activate appoitment + i get the following issues:

Warning: require_once(/home/elemen21/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/widgets.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/elemen21/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments_orig/appointments.php on line 102

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/elemen21/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/widgets.php’ (include_path=’.:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php’:wink: in /home/elemen21/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments_orig/appointments.php on line 102

Please help,

Thanks,

Aaron

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Aaron (@elementsglass)

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

This sounds like your missing some required files within Appointments, download appointments+ from here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/ and unzip.

Then using FTP, Move the widgets.php /appointments/includes/widgets.php into your current install of appointments+ and do the same for app_location which is in appointments/includes/addons/ilb

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• catalyst
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I got the same issue but in a slightly different order:

it was all well with Appointments and GoogleMaps until today’s GoogleMaps update. So I doubt I’m missing files or there’s a serious flaw here.

What I did:

– All was well running Appointments v1.4 and GoogleMaps 2.7.

– Noticed today an update to GoogleMaps 2.7.1 and applied it.

Result from the error log:

PHP Fatal error: Class ‘AgmMapModel’ not found in /wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/addons/lib/app_locations.php on line 152, referer: /wp-admin/widgets.php

Referring to the earlier mentioned idea of missing files, both are present in the Appointments folder in their respective places.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @catalyst

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question,

Sorry to hear you’ve been having issues, A lot has changed in the plugins since this original issue was opened.

Does it work if you deactivate Google Maps? Which Appointments+ version are you using?

Is this a single site or multisite?

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• catalyst

I posted here due to the similarity of this thread and it not having been marked as “resolved” yet. (I’m not really sure when to open a new thread and when to continue an existing one)

– Appointments v1.4 & GoogleMaps v2.7 were fine both individual and together

– multisite setup but these 2 plugins are only activated per blog and on 1 blog only

After the upgrade of GoogleMaps from v2.7 to v2.7.1:

– Appointments dies (white screen of death for affected blog) (see previous post)

– disabling (moving entire folder) Appointments solves the error of course

– as Appointments wasn’t updated, it continues to work of course if no GoogleMaps 2.7.1 activated

– GoogleMaps v2.7.1 alone is also fine

The problem only occurred after the GoogleMaps v2.7.1 upgrade and when that specific GoogleMaps version is activated.

• catalyst

I solved this issue.

Summary:

WPMUDEV’s GoogleMaps plugin must be *activated* on the same blog that runs Appointments.

Common error:

GoogleMaps installed but not activated.

(I think I read somewhere in a doc before that it’s required but it fails on plugin side as described below).

Appointments bug (or at least missing feature):

In file includesaddonsapp-locations-locations_on_google_maps.php the function “show_nags” checks for GoogleMaps to be loaded and it should trigger a warning but somehow this isn’t working on the plugin (re-)activation level when it was previously configured to use GoogleMaps which meanwhile is not activated anymore.

Instead it dies with file includesaddonslibapp_locations.php calling GoogleMaps.

I would suggest to include the nagging into the plugin activation phase as well so reactivating plugins that require other plugins won’t kill the blog without user-readable explanation (preferably refuse to (re-)activate with a notice would be best).

What happened in my case (to solve my particular mystery):

In the past I activated Appointments and GoogleMaps on the same blog. I also use Buddypress together with GoogleMaps. I then switched BuddyPress to another blog ID and activated GoogleMaps there.

At some stage I forgot Appointments requires GoogleMaps for some extra features so I disabled GoogleMaps on the first blog. No problem so far as I didn’t touch Appointments (where I likely would have seen the nagging of the missing GoogleMaps.

Then I upgraded Appointments which includes a re-activation… which killed the blog as it couldn’t find GoogleMaps (which I had earlier disabled for that blog).

And now to answer the last remaining questions:

WP_debug says: Fatal error: Class ‘AgmMapModel’ not found in /wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/addons/lib/app_locations.php on line 152

That’s identical to the standard log file. Note that the error is on a white screen of death. This error kills WP.

• catalyst

Just to clarify and emphasize.. GoogleMaps is only required for some features which are enabled from within Appointments’ setup page. It’s not a default requirement.

Appointments correctly nags when something is missing during that setup. The problem above only happens under the circumstances described.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.