Appointments+ hide services from dropdown and autoselect provider based on service

Hi,

I have to revamp the way that the plugin is used and I have a couple of questions.

1.If I dont use a worker ID in a calendar, then the calendar displays for all workers and services,correct?

2.If I do so, and have services that I want to affect the calendar, but do not want them to show in the services dropdown, is there a way I can hide them from just the dropdown?

If I do not include the service provider code and have the services set to autorefresh, will the system select the available service provider that is linked to that service?

thanks,

Chris

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @chris,

1. Yes, that's correct.

2. No, All services would show in the drop down.

If it's set to autorefresh, yes, it would choose the calendar for the provider assigned to that service, as long as you only have 1 provider assigned to that service.

Hope this helps.

• chris
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Vaughan,

Thanks for your speedy reply, and it got me halfway there.

I did discover a way to hide list items using the nth-child selector in css.

Caveat for those looking to do the same:
    nth-child does not work in Internet Exploror 8 and below.

One more quick question.
    What if I have 2 service providers for that service, but they have different hours. Will it select the provider that is available?

Thanks,
    Chris

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @chris,

Glad I could help, well at least half the way anyway :slight_smile: Glad you managed to find a solution, and also for sharing it too so thers might find it useful.

Who's bothered about IE8 & below anyway? lol yeah I know IE8 is still used unfortunately. though I think everyone is glad to see the back of IE7 & IE6 especially.

I have never tested it that way, I think you would need to provide the service_providers shortcode in that case, i'm not sure how far it's logic goes in that regard, my best advice would be to give it a quick try & cross your fingers :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.