[Appointments+] How to increase service capacity without adding providers

How can I increase the service capacity without adding providers? The appointment calendar as is only allows one booking at a time. I want to have multiple bookings at the same time but do no want the customer to choose who the booking will be with. The service provider varies on a daily basis.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello FZCU,

hope you're doing well! :slight_smile:

This can be achieved by using dummy service providers, which will increase the maximum capacity of the associated service.

If you need different capacity per day, then you'll have to create separate services and set properly the working hours of these.

For any other workaround, I'm afraid that some custom coding will be required to be hard-coded in the plugin and as this is surpassing the scope of our support, should be outsourced in a developer of yours. You can always make use of our partnership with Codeable for that via this page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/partners/

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• FZCU
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I am not sure if you guys understood what I meant or what I am trying to do. I don’t really want the Service Provider listed at all. The Service Provider varies each day and I do’t want to promise the client a specific Service Provider.

The “dummy provider” option requires creating additional users in WordPress. This would require adding additional emails like “dummy1@mysite.com” and “dummy2@mysite.com” and “dummy3″@mysite.com

The inability to increase the capacity at the Service level or the Locations level (e.g. 5 people can get Service A at the same time at Location 1 but 10 people can get Service A at the same time at Location 2) makes me unable to use the plugin. The cost of paying someone to custom code is a turn off when you’re already paying for a membership on this site. It is also a turn off because many other FREE plugins allow you to increase the capacity at the Service and Location level without having to increase the number of Service Providers.

Thank you for your time.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello FZCU

I trust you are doing well!

With current plugin’s version, to add extra capacity an additional service provider needs to be created, which will create a new user as you mentioned. You may use an email as an Alias which will is basically the same email. Please see here for more:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22370?hl=en

With the following set of shortcodes, Service Providers will not be showing up on the front end for visitors and once service is selected it will automatically select the first available service provider:

[app_services autorefresh="1"]
    [app_monthly_schedule]
    [app_pagination month="1"]
    [app_login]
    [app_confirmation]
    [app_paypal]

(e.g. 5 people can get Service A at the same time at Location 1 but 10 people can get Service A at the same time at Location 2)

With Locations and Worker Location Add-ons, this can be achieved. Bound a location #1 to 5 dummy service Provider and locations #2 to 10 other dummy service providers. Use the following shortcode for visitors to select a location, it will autorefresh and select the first available dummy service provider

[app_provider_locations autorefresh="1"]

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.