Appointments+ is creating Internal Server Error

Recently added more services to Appointments+ total got to 267 approx day after this I started getting very long delays using my word press site, eventually the delay times out giving Internal Server Error.

Disabling Appointments+ stops this delay.

Reduced services back to 252 still locking up.

I can enable support access if required

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Colin,

Notice you are seeing with debug enabled shouldn’t affect your site functionality in any way.

Internal Server Error could be caused by your server limits, can you try increasing your memory limit and execution time?

You can increase the WordPress memory and maximum execution time by following the instructions provided on below pages.

http://docs.woothemes.com/document/increasing-the-wordpress-memory-limit/

http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

http://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors#Maximum_execution_time_exceeded

Let us know if it works after that.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Colin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for your reply.

The following have already been increased in php5.ini

max_input_vars = 10000 was 5000

max_execution_time = 60 was 30

memory_limit = 256M was 128

wp_config

WP_MEMORY_LIMIT = 256M

These settings have not resolved the problem.

phpinfo.php is available on the site

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Colin,

Version 1.5.4 didn’t have any major changes that should affect your site in that way, maybe the initial installation was not completed properly and that’s why you were seeing this.

Have you tried reinstalling 1.5.4 just to see if with FTP installation it will work normally?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Colin,

I hope you’re well today!

Can I get a copy of version 1.5.3 to try ?

There’s no 1.5.3 version available at all. In some rare cases single version numbers are skipped, the “in-between” version being just an internal “beta” testing release. I suppose it doesn’t even exist anymore (if it ever was there at all).

I understand that you’re now using 1.5.2 version on your site and it’s working fine and since it’s a live site it would pose some serious troubles for you to update back to 1.5.4 and let us further investigate the issue, am I correct?

That said, would it be possible for you to create some kind of “staging” site that would be an exact copy of your current site (on the very same server and very same wp-config and php.ini settings) except running recent Appointments+? If so, could you please do this and then grant me an access to it via our WPMU DEV Dashboard so I could safely make changes to the site in order to test the issue?

Best regards,

Adam

• Colin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Have not had any luck with staging site.

However today I have installed the 1.5.4 update again on the working site and it does not cause the delay.

Checking this out today is the 20th Dec 2015 a sunday and I also have exceptions set for Service provider “Repairs” #3 from 21st Dec 2015 to 11th Jan 2016 – planned holiday break.

This means the rest of Dec is not free so it’s coming up with no delay.

If I then step to the next month the server timeout re occurs.

If I go back to exceptions and remove 31st Dec this introduces a delay, but does open with out server timeout.

Ok so the site is live 1.5.4 and support access has been granted to 31 Dec 2015.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Colin,

Thanks for testing with the previous version and providing us with the additional info.

I was doing some further testing and noticed that I have slower loading times with 1.5.4 when using pagination, I have provided the developer with all info I could find so hopefully they will find the cause of this quickly.

For now you can stick with 1.5.2 since there’s not any major difference between the two versions.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.