Appointments+ Issues with API creation

Ive installed your Dash. Im trying to go through the steps to attach my calendar and I'm fumbling around a bit because they instructions are dated. I believe ive created the credentials that i need from the Calendar API. I have a Client ID and the Client Secret Key created as a 'Client Id for Web Application'.

The file ive downloaded is a .json, is that correct?

The only purpose of the calendar im using is for my appointments, but its giving me instructions to create a new one. Id rather use the one where all my Google Calendar Appointments already exist. What should I do and how?

Mike

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Mike,

Hope you're well?

We're in the process of updating the instructions. With regards to the key, the downloaded key should be a .p12 file not JSON.

On the Google developers credentials page for your app.

Click manage service accounts

Then click create new service account

Now select Furnishnew key & select p12 option.

Then use that service account details in your WP site settings :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

On your calendar page, select the calendar and choose settings.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/

you should then see the calendar ID as in the screenshot.

Now check the sharing permissions link.

Make sure that your service account is also allowed to share this callendar (as in screenshot 2)

Please be aware, you have tocreate a new calendar, or use any calendar that is not the default google calendar, the default calendar will not work right.

If you have a business account,you willneed tospeak to google as it is not free to use for business customers.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Not exactly, you need to add the service account email address too, so that service account also then has permission to use & edit that calendar. The same service account email that belongs to the p12 key you created, this should be the service account email you also entered into the gcal settings in apps+

Hope this helps

• Mike
    • Flash Drive

Thats what i have in there and im getting this

[March 8, 2016 7:08 pm] Insert went wrong: Error refreshing the OAuth2 token, message: '{
    "error" : "invalid_grant"
    }'

I granted access on my Dash yesterday, but it says no ones logged in yet. I really would like to get this up and running. Most of my site is based around the functionality of this.

I dont know what more to do. :disappointed:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.