Appointments+ keeps sending confirmation emails

Hi again,

App+ keeps nagging client with confirmation emails every week. The original appointment was made oktober last year, but she keeps getting confirmation emails with the original appointment.

See enclosed image.

Support access is granted.

Thank you again WPMU-folks for being so awesome!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Karl,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I have accessed your site in order to check it. I did notice however that while on your screenshot that appointment in question is on “Active” appointments list it’s now in “Completed” list.

Have you moved it (changed its status?) since you posted your message? Could you please make sure whether these e-mails are now still being send or they don’t go out any longer (they shouldn’t when appointments is “completed”:wink:?

I’m also wondering if that was just that single client or if that happens to other customers too. If it’s still happening, please go to the “Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Notifications” page and make sure that “Log Sent email Records” option is set to “Yes” so we could check plugin’s log. Also let me know here please how often users are getting those e-mails and which users (apart the one in initial question) are getting them.

Looking forward to your replay,

Adam

• Karl
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Adam,

I believe the siteowner assigned it as completed. I don't think he really looks at client info as he is a psychologist and a lot of the appointments are repeat clients.

Problem is only related to that one client. I just received another copy of the confirmation myself less than an hour ago, again confirming the oktober 2016 appt. (ID: 1996) (se enclosed)

Also enclosed is a copy of the log. You can see the appointment ID 1996 recurring quite frequently.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Karl,

hope you’re doing good and don’t mind chiming in here! :slight_smile:

Inspecting the logs I can see that all of these confirmation for ID:1996 appointment are coming from your client’s admin account. So it’s like this appointment keeps re-appearing to the “active” list and your client keeps marking it as “completed”. :thinking:

As I wasn’t able to spot anything that might cause that, I wonder if this is some kind of cache glitch, could you please try to clear all caches involving to your setup (server side mechanisms like Varnish or Memcached, 3rd party services like Cloudflare) and clear the browser cache for you and your client too?

For the later you can advise this little website that covers most browsers: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

Meanwhile and as this may come up again, we may activate some debug information just in case it reveals anything to us. Could you please access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like

define('WP_DEBUG', false);and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Debug log file can be found in /wp-content/debug.log file. If you wish to share it here, keep in mind to rename it to debug.txt or upload it in a service like Dropbox and post the shareable link instead if filesize is larger than 5MB.

Warm regards,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.