[Appointments+] Key file does not exist (Google Cal)

Hey guys, Im getting really confused with your instructions for syncing A+ with googles API detials, I think the layout with googles control panel may of changed since you wrote the instructions?

After eventually finding the bits I needed to make the OAuth etc im stuck at one thing:

Google provide you with a .json file you download and place on the server to authenticate, but you guys say it should be a .p12 file? I need the 'Key File Name' which according to the WPMU instructions is the name of the downloaded file that we place on the FTP in the Key folder, but thats not working for me, probably because its a .json not a .p12?

Have google changed the way they do this? from .p12 to .json? Or am I looking in completely the wrong place?

Please help. :slight_smile:

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Brian,

Hope you're doing well today! Looks like the console has changed since I last logged into it as well :smiley:

The p12 key is still there though. You can find it via:

https://code.google.com/apis/console/

Select your project

Open the top left hamburger menu and select "API manager".

Credentials > select service account. Then you should see the download .p12 key that you see in my screenshot.

If you have any trouble finding that just let me know :slight_smile: I will let our dev know that we need to update the instructions, thanks for mentioning that.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Brian
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey Tyler, I cant see a screen shot sorry.

However, I go to APIs & AUTH/Credentials all I have access to is the CLIENT ID, CLIENT SECRET and a creation date. I don't see a KEY FILE NAME, I see a button that says DOWNLOAD JSON. I cant see download .p12 anywhere. I have already downloaded the .json file and put it in the right folder.

B :slight_smile:

• Brian

Hey Tyler, I cant see a screen shot sorry.

However, I go to APIs & AUTH/Credentials all I have access to is the CLIENT ID, CLIENT SECRET and a creation date. I don't see a KEY FILE NAME, I see a button that says DOWNLOAD JSON. I cant see download .p12 anywhere. I have already downloaded the .json file and put it in the right folder.

• Brian

Hey Guys, I managed to get this to work, but Ive done so much messing I cant remember the procedure sorry. Maybe a little update to the instructions will help people in future?

Something else I have noticed though, only the Date, Time, and Service are added to the details in the Google Calendar, is there anyway we can get more info on the google calendar, fields like the customers name, phone number, email, etc etc? It not really worth setting up to google cal if you still have to log on to wordpress to get the info. Or am I doing something wrong (this is usually the reason, ha )

• Brian

Hey Guys, I managed to get this to work, but Ive done so much messing I cant remember the procedure sorry. Maybe a little update to the instructions will help people in future?

Something else I have noticed though, only the Date, Time, and Service are added to the details in the Google Calendar, is there anyway we can get more info on the google calendar, fields like the customers name, phone number, email, etc etc? It not really worth setting up to google cal if you still have to log on to wordpress to get the info. Or am I doing something wrong (this is usually the reason, ha )

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Brian,

Sorry for my delay here! Glad you got the key situation sorted out :slight_smile:

As for the info. It adds it to the "description" of the event and adds the email as a guest. I've attached an example. This is an appointment that I just exported in my test install.

Does that help? If you have further questions just let me know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• catalyst

Google has updated their interface and the instructions given by the Appointments+ plugin are outdated. I had the same struggle (although initiated due to a different issue) and I found my old key in the Google Developers Console.

The procedure in the new console is to first enable the Calendar API, then create a project where the Credentials are a "Service Account" - not Web Site or such - (which provides both JSON and P12 key downloads.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.