Appointments+ language + different feedbacks on this plugin

Hi guys,
I just installed appointments+ on http://www.abeilledepaninfo.fr/make-an-appointment/ and have some questions.
- How can I modify the language as everything is not translated with the shortcode arguments ? (would you have a french language file somewhere ? :wink: )
- Then concerning the appointments made by a client, is there a way to send him a notification directly after he submitted ? (before manual confirmation, send an email saying we have received and we will confirm ASAP)
- when i want to check the gcalendar checkbox i have a message from my browser (tested on Firefox and Chrome) saying a pop up has been blocked and i then see no calendar. How could we fix that ?
- I have one service of minimum 60min and then it can be longer depending on the needs of the client. is there a way for the client to select a biggest time for the schedule ? So he could decide to make an appointment for 1h30 or more ? I'd like him to be able to decide the time he would need for assistance. is there a way ?

btw : i installed the WPMU Dashboard on this website but it's for a client and i'd like that he can not see all the WPMU support, plugins, themes access... How can i resolve this ?

Thank you guys for your replies.
Regards
Chris

• Jude

Hi there @chrisfooxx

Hope you are doing great !!

1) As a matter of fact we do .. take a look here. The french is done 70 % but thats a great starting point

https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/appointments

2) You can use this hook to trigger the send email function.

do_action( 'app_new_appointment', $insert_id );

It contains the ID with all details about the appointment including client details.

3) Simply set them up as three services with the same name but different durations. Like Massage 30 mins , Massage 90 mins etc .. that way client can pick duration

4) You can remove it if you want but its completely white-labeled. Meaning only you can see this with the user ID / email you installed it. None of your clients or other site users can see the dashboard

Cheers
    Jude

• chrisfooxx

Thanks a lot Jude,

1. Translation is great. I will see if i can help with some more items translated.
    2. Sorry but i don't have enough skills on WP for now to do that. Would you have a tutorial how to do it step by step ? Actually i don't knwo where to put your code :slight_frown:
    3. I hoped there would be an option to activate in order to tune the "quantity" of time. I will use different services anyway.
    4. I installed the plugin via the client's account. I uninstalled and redo with my own account.

5. new question :slight_smile: : How to put the prices in EUR instead of USD. And make sure that the payment on Paypal will be also in EUR ?

PS : you did not reply to one of my question, - when i want to check the gcalendar checkbox i have a message from my browser (tested on Firefox and Chrome) saying a pop up has been blocked and i then see no calendar. How could we fix that ?

Thank you again
    Chris

• Michael Bissett

Hey @chrisfooxx, Michael here! :slight_smile:

#2: You can adjust the following code to handle that:

function my_app_send_client_email ($app_id) {
    	global $wpdb, $appointments;
    	$r = $wpdb->get_row( $wpdb->prepare("SELECT * FROM {$appointments->app_table} WHERE ID=%d", $app_id) );

$client_email = $r->email;

wp_mail(
    		$client_email ,
    		'Enter subject line here',
    		'Enter message body here'
    	);

}
    add_action("app_new_appointment", "my_app_send_client_email");

You can add this snippet into the functions.php inside your theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed.

Otherwise, inserting it as a mu-plugin (must use plugin) is the best solution. To do this, go to your /wp-content/ folder via FTP, and find the folder called "mu-plugins". If there is no folder with that name, then you'll want to create one. Then, create a file inside that folder, and give the file any name you like and paste the code in there.

You don't need to activate that plugin, as it will be always be automatically activated. Please be sure to add a PHP start tag at the beginning of the code if you insert this code as a mu-plugin, like this:

<?php

#5: Inside of the "Payment Settings" section in:

Appointments -> Settings -> General

Once you've set "Payment required" to "Yes", you'll see the option to set the appointment currency & the PayPal currency to EUR. :slight_smile:

PS : you did not reply to one of my question, - when i want to check the gcalendar checkbox i have a message from my browser (tested on Firefox and Chrome) saying a pop up has been blocked and i then see no calendar. How could we fix that ?

If you go to:

Appointments -> Settings -> Google Calendar

You can check the box for "Open Google Calendar in the Same Window", that'll make Google Calendar use the same tab that was used to book the appointment, thus sidestepping your browser's ad-blocking measures.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• chrisfooxx

Hi Michael,
    Thanks a lot for this help. It's working fine for the currency and the email issue.
    I actually added the from header as well. It seems to work even if my cache is playing with me a bit apparently, not displaying the same name as i put in the mu-plugin.

$client_email = $r->email;
    	$headers = 'From: AbeilleDepanInfo <contact@abeilledepaninfo.fr>' . "\r\n";
    	wp_mail(
    		$client_email ,
    		'Votre prise de rendez vous avec Abeille Depannage Informatique',
    		'Bonjour,
    Nous avons bien reçu votre demande de rendez-vous et vous le confirmerons très rapidement.
    Merci
    Cordialement
    Abeille Dépannage Informatique',
    		$headers
    	);

Concerning Google Calendar, it's not really good to leave the website but if there is no other way, i will keep this method.

Regards
    Chris

• chrisfooxx

Hi guys,

I have some new questions :wink:
    1. I'd like to add 15-30 minutes between 2 appointments in order to let time for the provider to go to the next one.
    How can i do that ?

2. If someone made an appointments on the website, may i confirm it through Google Calendar ? Or is there only one way to confirm it by validating from the website backoffice ?

2.b. Is there a way to confirm, but also to block an interval of time if i'm not available for apppointments, without the access to the backoffice ? (directly from google calendar, send an email ... ???)

Thank you in advance
    Regards
    chris

• Michael Bissett

Hey @chrisfooxx,

We'll want to take these questions of yours to separate threads, could you please open a new thread for each of these questions?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

As we mention in our Getting Support guide:

Please do not lump several, unrelated questions into a single ticket. To keep things focused, on-topic and to avoid confusion, please create separate tickets for each issue or question.

Thanks a bunch for your understanding, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.