Appointments+ MarketPress - Problems with appointments as product page

Problems with appointments as product page (Appointments+, Market Press Integration) as the page shows the "Buy Now" button prior to confirming the appointment. "Buy Now" to Cart does not show appointment ID or details. Link to page - http://ab.nustarz.com/store/products/appointment/

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Dean

I hope you are well today and sorry to see of the issues your having here.

It shouldn't be showing the buy now button until the appointment has been picked, can you post some screenshots of your settings please for the MarketPress product and the settings of Appointments+ please?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Dean
    • New Recruit

Here are settings. Be glad to allow you access to back end if youd like.

Appointments+

autoconfirm - no
    allows cancel - yes
    login req'd - yes
    payment required - yes
    Integrate with MarketPress - checked

MarketPress - StoreSettings

Checkout Button - Buy Now
    Show Qty - yes

Product page - (Auto created by Appointment+)

[app_my_appointments]
    [app_services] [app_service_providers]
    [app_schedule long="1"]
    [app_pagination]
    [app_login]
    [app_confirmation]

• Dean
    • New Recruit

WP Ver - 3.6.1

Plugin Versions:
    Appointments+ - 1.3.1
    MarketPress - 2.8.9
    Membership - 3.4.6

(Note: I do also have Membership Premium installed, but this is used for requiring login/signup to view other content. Future to also use the discount appointments for members)

• Dean
    • New Recruit

bump - anyone have the inside scoop to resolving this problem? I saw in another post that removing the external link or downloadable product link resolved this for I, however, still get the Buy Now button on the product page before I even "Confirm" the appointment.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Dean,

This is PC, chiming in to help Jack.

I am gonna need to have a look at your site to see what is going on there.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form
    1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

I see what you mean here.

If one visits that page and clicks on Buy now then it adds a generic product to their shopping cart and they can checkout but there is no appointment id or slot booked. No good !

On the other hand it works fine for me to be honest. I have to confirm the appointment before I can add it to the cart.

I have sought some more information over email, can you kindly get back to me on that ?

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Dean
    • New Recruit

E-mail reply sent with info requested.

Issues as I see it are from the Marketpress Product pages not recognizing or processing the A+ Shortcodes correctly.. (as described in the implementation instructions) that 1. require confirmation of appointment before displaying "buy now" or 2. passing the Appointment ID and details into the cart..

Notable items in setup - I have "require payment" in A+ and PayPal Sandbox appears to function as expected. Now in Marketpress, I only have one payment gateway (stripe), but the product page, with A+ shortcodes still seems to call paypal... not desired.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

I will be testing it with the sent details and will get back to you.

Just to make sure that its not a conflict, I will need to disable other plugins apart from MarketPress and A+, would that be okay ?

Please advise !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Dean
    • New Recruit

Update: I was able to get it working.. I had to deactivate and delete the appointments+ plugin. Then reinstall (and reconfigure).

There seems to be something in the order in which the plugins are installed. I tested on a fresh dev site and installed MP and Membership first, then installed A+ and it worked.. that how I determined a Delete and Re-Install might be the fix.

Tests or attempts that did not work:
    1. Deactivate/Reactivate did not solve the problem
    2. Removal and deactivation of all plugins (except Membership, MarketPress, Appointments+) did not fix the issue

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Dean,

Thanks for posting back and letting us know that its fixed.

There seems to be something in the order in which the plugins are installed. I tested on a fresh dev site and installed MP and Membership first, then installed A+ and it worked.. that how I determined a Delete and Re-Install might be the fix.

That is kinda strange. I tested this on my lab site but it simply worked no matter which order I installed the plugins in.

I will keep an eye out of more members report the same so that we can get this checked in detail and make sure that there is no bug.

For now, I am not able recreate it so we will consider this as resolved :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a great WPMU DEV member and have a nice day !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.